Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Airsense 10/ Oscar DST Issue?
ResMed Airsense 10/ Oscar DST Issue?
DST changed last night and I got about 1/2 night of data in Oscar.  The ResMed was running until 5:30 AM but there is no data showing up in Oscar after about 1:10.  I see that the time on my computer updated but it did not on the ResMed.   If I try to change time on the ResMed, it says I can not change it to a time in the past.  In this situation, I can see how you would get double data from 1 am to 2 am so am not sure how the ResMed or Oscar can deal with that.  I'm a little concerned because I have had issues in the past where the ResMed just stops collecting data.  I replaced the SD card and thought that issue was corrected.   

1.  If this is a software/ hardware/ DST issue will it sort of auto correct for the next night?
2.  I also use an O2 ring so want to have the time coordinated between devices.  If the ResMed does not update time, how can that be done.

Thanks
Dan

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Airsense 10/ Oscar DST Issue?
There is A DST checkbox in your user profile. You need to uncheck it. The actual time really isn't important in your therapy, just the session length. After unchecking the DST in your profile and saving the profile, purge the current day's data and reimport it. See if that corrects your problem.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I checked -- in case. I have the latest version of OSCAR. I got the whole night's history, as bad as it was.

I'll uncheck the box. thanks for the hint. I want to compare my iPhone sleep report to the OSCAR report. Having time properly displayed is important to me.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Also, I think you should be able to set your A10 clock back an hour once you pass noon -- which would be once you pass 1pm on the cpap's clock.

(I need a few more hours before I can confirm that for myself. Big Grin )
Post Reply Post Reply
The time zone and DST flag set in the user profile are not yet used by OSCAR. The advent of the AS11 has forced us to reconsider how it might be used.
My own preference is to never change the CPAP clock (except to correct for its drift). It's just easier.

Users of Series 9 or AirSense 10 who wish to synchronise to smart watches or other auto-synching devices must wait until the afternoon or early evening to set the CPAP machine forward or back an hour. And realise that on the change day, they won't be synched.

The data graphs may show odd gaps or overlaps in their display on the night of the clock change because the CPAP machine does not change its clock during the night, but your computer, when it it calculating the time offset from GMT, does know about the change. We may have a fix for this problem, which will be put into use along will other time zone processing changes.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
pholynyk let's just do away with Daylight Saving Time. Seriously.

and in jest...my dog objects. She has a happy routine, then we change it. Everything was fine, then I have the nerve to delay food by an hour? Bah humbug.

Heck the first 2 machines I had only reported total hours used. There was no feedback until I bought a used ResMed S9E!
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
What if I changed the year to 2022! Will waiting til after noon today, November 7th, let me change the date back to 2021?
Post Reply Post Reply
I would wait until late afternoon, and I think it will work, although I haven't tried to fix that big a change.

It will complain if it doesn't accept your change; then you have to make sure you backup your SD card and try again.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, I will wait and hope it works!
Post Reply Post Reply
If I were going to try changing the year on my ResMed back and forth, I’d remove the SD Card during the experiment so there wouldn’t be any conflicting data records to complain about. Then I would reformat the newly inserted card.

….. But I’m not going to try it.
RayBee

~ Self-Treatment - via ApneaBoard experts.
~ Self-Pay - no help from Kaiser other than getting my script, then a pat on the butt and out the door.
~ Self-Educated - via ApneaBoard experts, its many users, and posted reference material.
~ Complex Apnea - All Night AHI=34.2/h, Supine AHI=45.5/h
~ Using a 2021 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, 32 GB, 1 TB, macOS Monterey V12.6.2.
~ Pay no attention to the dog behind the cup, he ain't a docta, and does not give medical advise.
~ Woof, woof.

I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 0 23 1 hour ago
Last Post: Rickyricardo
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,409 3 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 6 321 5 hours ago
Last Post: pamm777
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 12 437 04-16-2024, 06:17 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 131 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 26,965 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 134 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.