Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Airsense 10 Setting Date Problem
ResMed Airsense 10 Setting Date Problem
For some reason the date in my machine got set to tomorrow's date. When I try to set it back to today's date it gives me a message that says that I cant set a date in the past

HELP!! please
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Airsense 10 Setting Date Problem
I just set my clock back 1 hour due to daylight savings time but I had to wait until after 1:00 pm so as not to have any data on that cycle. Setting the date back will be a bigger problem. ResMed's clinical manual says you need to delete data in order to accomplish this. I am just guessing but if you don't use it long enough to where the date you want has no data, you might be able to change it back. Remember, the new day starts at noon and not midnight.

I am sure you will get a lot of replies as this a regular problem.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
It's a little tricky as the message is true --- the machine has data for the prior day and will not permit rewinding time/date to where data exists.
The internal date rolls over at midnight; but the "cpap day" is noon to noon. The date is probably off because the machine was set in Singapore.

This problem has been seen before; and the consensus is to get into the clinician menu and make notes of the settings. Then, with the SD card removed, erase the existing data (I believe that's done by resetting to factory.) Then set the date and time. Then, set all therapy settings back to what they were. (many will be default values). Then, format the SD card in a PC -- quick format is fine -- and put SD card back in. Or, you can save the SD card and just put a new one in.

The downside is: you will have lost the historical compliance data. Here in the US, that sometimes causes issues when mandatory compliance monitory is required.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
JustMongo

Can I just reset the machine with the SD card in place?

Post Reply Post Reply
You can try it. The thing is, compliance data lives in the machine memory and the SD card.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the advice - Here is what I did:

With the SD card in the machine I entered the clinical menu and selected "Erase Data" and then confirmed that I actually wanted to do it. The machine erased the data and reformatted the SD card. I was then able to enter the correct date and time
I am pleased to report that this operation did not erase my settings (pressures, units of measure etc)

I did not loose historical data since I had been uploading data from the SD card in my machine to the ResScan application on my laptop (ResScan is the ResMed equivalent of SleepyHead)
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to this thread, I checked the system time on my machine and corrected about a 40 minute error. It was close enough and I had never bothered to check. Thanks!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, that worked for me.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2016, 12:22 PM)Rcgop Wrote: I just set my clock back 1 hour due to daylight savings time but I had to wait until after 1:00 pm so as not to have any data on that cycle. Setting the date back will be a bigger problem. ResMed's clinical manual says you need to delete data in order to accomplish this. I am just guessing but if you don't use it long enough to where the date you want has no data, you might be able to change it back. Remember, the new day starts at noon and not midnight.

I am sure you will get a lot of replies as this a regular problem.

I never thought about the date changing at NOON, but I suppose it would have to to get a nights data from night before.
What happens if you are on night shift Oh-jeez
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Think I will have to check my machine, it thinks it is tomorrow!!
It was easier when they only counted days used Smile
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 22 423 6 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,807 3 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 151 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,570 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,612 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,802 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.