Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Airsense 10 changes?
ResMed Airsense 10 changes?
I started using an AS10 about 2 years ago and it really helped a lot!  Increased energy, less naps, better mood, etc.  

I have noticed that in the last 6-10 months, though, that these benefits have decreased and that the machine seems to be working differently. I wanted to see if anyone else was noticing changes with the behavior of their machine.  

-settings - autoset from 8-20

- when I first got the machine, it was much more responsive when I took off the mask and when I would hold my breath, simulating an event where my breathing stopped in the night.  It would ramp up significantly with multiple “whooshes”.  

- now my machine does not do this.  It simply keeps going at its set pressure and eventually will turn off after about 5 seconds if the mask is taken off.

This lack of auto response seems to have coincided with a decrease in effectiveness.  I wanted to see if anyone else had experienced the same thing and if anyone knows if ResMed changes their software at some point.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Airsense 10 changes?
G'day Bobbyhousing, welcome to Apnea Board.

A question - do you have Smart Start / stop enabled?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-03-2019, 05:00 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: G'day Bobbyhousing, welcome to Apnea Board.

A question - do you have Smart Start / stop enabled?

Good morning and thank you!

I just checked and it is enabled.
Post Reply Post Reply
The behaviour you described sounds like smart stop is doing what it's meant to - ie shut down the machine when you take the mask off. Try turning it off and see if that makes any difference. If not, we can look in some more detail at what's going on. If you download and install OSCAR then post a daily page we can look in more detail for you.

As to an overall lessening in benefit, it's possible that the machine is is malfunctioning but generally any failure is pretty obvious. Have there been any changes in your health / lifestyle?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 160 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,545 04-18-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 168 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 27,151 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 163 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 68,226 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 27,936 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.