Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Airsense 10 pulses as if something hit the hose?
RE: ResMed Airsense 10 pulses as if something hit the hose?
(03-20-2016, 02:54 PM)eseedhouse Wrote:
(03-19-2016, 09:09 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Gettin' old ain't fun, but it's better than the alternative.

I don't know - I was dead for several billion years I don't remember how it felt

Maybe you were in "standby mode". If so it was immatterial to how you function today in Active mode. Lolabove Smile
It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. --Confucius
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2016, 03:22 PM)Ed1101 Wrote:
(03-20-2016, 02:54 PM)eseedhouse Wrote:
(03-19-2016, 09:09 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Gettin' old ain't fun, but it's better than the alternative.

I don't know - I was dead for several billion years I don't remember how it felt

Maybe you were in "standby mode". If so it was immatterial to how you function today in Active mode. Lolabove Smile

But if so why should it bother me to go back into standby?

I am not afraid of death, but as a evolved organism I am definitely afraid of dying. That's built into my system by evolution. But death itself (as distinguished to the ordinarily painful and often extended business of actually dying), why should I fear that?

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
Back to the "whop" in tne hose, as described earlier I seem to have similar symptom but I note I use pillows, not ffm so it cant be the aa valve (if pur symptoms ate the same)
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-20-2016, 02:19 PM)Ed1101 Wrote:
(03-20-2016, 02:00 PM)justMongo Wrote: PS is a parameter on bilevel machines such as the VPAP series.

Any chance you're overfilling the water chamber; or getting condensation in the hose. If so, a bead of water can "whap' the hose.

Last night we had a party at our house and I did not follow my normal routine of preparing everything around 6PM. Changed routine and I forgot to fill the water chamber. "Whap" still there and I experimented with changes in EPR as noted elsewhere in this thread. Also have heated hose option, so condensation in the hose not the issue.
you wouldn't be the first person to have water condense in the heated hose to the point where it started making noise.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid154650
Post Reply Post Reply
OK - I skipped over four pages of responses, so if I am repeating, then, well, so what?

Resmed calls it a "feature". I call it a bug. It is one of many reasons I consciously switched to Respirionics. It is part of their Al Gore Rhythm. They don't like how you breathe so they start sending pulses to test your state. It happened when I was running an S-9 as primary. To relax, sometimes take a deep breath, hold it, and exhale very slowly. Over and over. That drove the machine nuts. Sounds like kind of what it is doing for you. A series of little short, hammering puffs. Can be very disturbing to a person trying to sleep. But Resmed is not real good and figuring out what their customers want/need and tend to want you to conform to what they think they know better than you do about your needs/wants.

I once was a Resmed fanboy, and still think some of their older stuff is good, but would prefer other manufactuer's equipment now, even if it is were not as "capable".

Editorial complete, no more. We now return you to normal broadcasting.

OMMOHY

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-23-2016, 05:00 PM)palerider Wrote: you wouldn't be the first person to have water condense in the heated hose to the point where it started making noise.

I've had water noise (slugging) when the humidifier and hose settings weren't right for my environment.

You might check (drain) your hose when the noise happens, if you haven't already.
Just my personal opinion.  My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact.  Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel.  Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-23-2016, 05:48 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: OK - I skipped over four pages of responses, so if I am repeating, then, well, so what?

Resmed calls it a "feature". I call it a bug.

whereas your now preferred unit, after the same six or so seconds of your not breathing, starts sending one second long 'pressure pulses' to see what kind of an apnea you're having.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am sure it is not the 4 Hz 1cm pulses that I feel. After testing while awake it is definitely a reaction to irregular breathing that occurs when the EPR is high. If I turn off the EPR the hose jerk is almost impreceptible. Problem is with my min pressure at 15 it is far easier to breath when EPR=3 ... does not seem you are trying to breathe with you head out of the car window ( I know why would I want to breathe with my head out of the car window someone will surely ask.). I can make it occur as was stated, delay exhaling and it occurs periodically.

I seem to be getting accustumed to it as I am sleeping well and AHI was 0.5, 0.9 and 1.2 the last three nights and awoke only once and I am not at all sure the hose jerk was the cause.

Thanks to all for your execellent help as always.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-23-2016, 05:00 PM)palerider Wrote:
(03-20-2016, 02:19 PM)Ed1101 Wrote:
(03-20-2016, 02:00 PM)justMongo Wrote: PS is a parameter on bilevel machines such as the VPAP series.

Any chance you're overfilling the water chamber; or getting condensation in the hose. If so, a bead of water can "whap' the hose.

Last night we had a party at our house and I did not follow my normal routine of preparing everything around 6PM. Changed routine and I forgot to fill the water chamber. "Whap" still there and I experimented with changes in EPR as noted elsewhere in this thread. Also have heated hose option, so condensation in the hose not the issue.
you wouldn't be the first person to have water condense in the heated hose to the point where it started making noise.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid154650

Like I stated I went one whole night without water in the Humidifier. No water in the hose either. But check it as a possible solution.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-23-2016, 09:13 PM)Ed1101 Wrote: I am sure it is not the 4 Hz 1cm pulses that I feel. After testing while awake it is definitely a reaction to irregular breathing that occurs when the EPR is high. If I turn off the EPR the hose jerk is almost impreceptible. Problem is with my min pressure at 15 it is far easier to breath when EPR=3 ... does not seem you are trying to breathe with you head out of the car window ( I know why would I want to breathe with my head out of the car window someone will surely ask.). I can make it occur as was stated, delay exhaling and it occurs periodically.

I seem to be getting accustumed to it as I am sleeping well and AHI was 0.5, 0.9 and 1.2 the last three nights and awoke only once and I am not at all sure the hose jerk was the cause.

Thanks to all for your execellent help as always.

Gosh I admire you for tolerating auto-pressures 15-20 with APAP. I only managed up to 14 (with EPR at maximum of +3) without being woken up all the time and feeling I was in a wind tunnel (or in a Mistral, or Chinook, or whatever your local vicious wind is called).

Despite your excellent AHI numbers, have you thought of trying BiPAP to get you some decent expiratory relief?.

On the occasions you've been woken by these 'pulses' you sense, were they related time-wise mostly with you being at or near your max IPAP of 20?

(I'm now on ASV and tolerate IPAP to 25 with no sleep disturbance at all)

best wishes, asjb
...........................................................................................
My pressures this week: Auto-ASV 11-14. PS 3-10
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,806 3 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 419 4 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 617 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,612 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,802 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,181 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.