Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Airsense 10 - very dry mouth
ResMed Airsense 10 - very dry mouth
I have an Airsense 10 with regular hose. In reading posts it seems a climateline hose may help. Do I just buy the hose and the machine recognizes it? Do I need another type machine to use with the climateline hose?

I wear a full face mask the ResMed Mirage Quattro, after reading hear it seems a chin strap might help my dry mouth. Should I try that first?

I turned my machine humidifier to 8 and had a much better mouth and throat but pillow was wet and inside mask also. Turned down to 7 last night and it may as well been on 1, there may have still been some moisture in the mask but mouth and throat bone dry. Any suggestions appreciated
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Airsense 10 - very dry mouth
(02-03-2017, 12:16 AM)dnthomas Wrote: I have an Airsense 10 with regular hose. In reading posts it seems a climateline hose may help. Do I just buy the hose and the machine recognizes it?

yes…. just plug in the hose
Post Reply Post Reply
How dry?  A little dehydrated?  Drier than sandpaper?  If the latter, then the hose is not going to be of much use.  A chin strap or a soft cervical collar to keep your mouth closed is what you need.    The heated hose is mainly to prevent condensation in the tube, so it will help with the damp pillow and mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thumbsup 
It would be the sandpaper variety, my wife and I just made a chin strap I think will work real well. Saw a video of a doc making one out of an old ball app with the bill cut off and Velcro. I wanted to try one tonight. Thanks so much for the responses
Post Reply Post Reply
Using Biotene for dry mouth just before going top bed my help as well.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 22 436 33 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,807 4 hours ago
Last Post: her.suit
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 32 9 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 374 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 317 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.