Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Airsense 10 vs 11?
ResMed Airsense 10 vs 11?
I picked up the ResMed Airsense 10 last week through LineCare.  After getting it home and set up, I found that my doctor prescribed the Airsense 11 with the wireless data transfer. I also read that the 10 is being discontinued. Lincare did not mention any of this, just issued me the machine. I have been unable to reach Linecare now over the phone to discuss it.  Any suggestions on how to handle this? I am not crazy about starting out with an outdated machine. Is the 11 better? Anyone have experience with Lincare? Do they take returns? Thanks,

shane
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Airsense 10 vs 11?
The 10 is a good machine and I'd just keep it. The older 10's used 3G to communicate but the newer ones have 4G. Check the IC number on the back of the machine. If it ends with CDMA you have the older 3G technology that doesn't work anymore.

Personally, I'd rather have the 10, even if it wasn't 4G.

Right now I'm waiting on a AirCurve 10 with 4G capability. Four month waiting list! The AirCurve 11 is not even on the horizon.

But, if the DME didn't fill the doctor's prescription correctly you are entitled to a refund. Send them a letter or email explaining the situation, stop payment on the machine, and tell them to come and get it.

Unfortunately, you may have received a 10 because there were no 11's available. In that case, you'd be without a machine if you insisted on an 11.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The 10 has proved itself while the new design has not. Getting the newest is not always the best thing to do.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone. My 10 is the card to cloud model and not wireless. Will wait to hear back from Lincare and see what they say.  I just thought the 11 was better since the 10 has been out for around 8 years.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2022, 09:40 AM)Sleepster Wrote: The 10 is a good machine and I'd just keep it. The older 10's used 3G to communicate but the newer ones have 4G. Check the IC number on the back of the machine. If it ends with CDMA you have the older 3G technology that doesn't work anymore.

Personally, I'd rather have the 10, even if it wasn't 4G.

Right now I'm waiting on a AirCurve 10 with 4G capability. Four month waiting list! The AirCurve 11 is not even on the horizon.

But, if the DME didn't fill the doctor's prescription correctly you are entitled to a refund. Send them a letter or email explaining the situation, stop payment on the machine, and tell them to come and get it.

Unfortunately, you may have received a 10 because there were no 11's available. In that case, you'd be without a machine if you insisted on an 11.

May I ask why you would prefer the 10 over the 11?
Post Reply Post Reply
The 10 has proven to be a solid reliable machine. I have one of the early ones, seven years and 20,000 hours, and it is just as quiet as when I got it.
The 11 is therapeutically the same as the 10. As far as members have reported, without tearing it down it appears to be a cost reduced version of the 10. It doesn't yet have a track record.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. I am new to this so I am just trying to get the right machine considering insurance covers one unit every five years. I was concerned about it be inferior or outdated. I also thought that since the 11 just came out that they will be phasing out parts and supplies for the 10 once supply chain issues resolve but that probably wont be an issue. The 11 also seems to have bluetooth so quickly see sleep specs through the app, wireless upload to my doctor, redesigned heat plate and water reservoir. On the downside, it uses an air pump/turbine from the Air Mini travel CPAP. The water reservoir is also a little smaller and there is no elbow on the rear tube.

shane
Post Reply Post Reply
>>The 11 also seems to have bluetooth so quickly see sleep specs through the app
This might be addressed in a future firmware upgrade, but right now, bluetooth does almost nothing.  When setting up and connecting to MyAir servers for the first time, a BT connection provides the machines serial number (so you don’t have to look it up / enter it in), and allows you to use the “Test Drive” feature.  Data is still transmitted to ResMed through cellular, then “down” to the MyAir app.  

This isn’t a big deal for me, as I don’t use the MyAir app, but it does raise the question of why bother to add bluetooth at all??  

I’ve helped a couple of guys at my church get started with CPAP and their new 11’s.  Aside from the addition of the “for her” algorithms, I see little benefit over the 10.  They removed the 90º turn in the hose connection (has to be out farther from wall), and went with a smaller, slightly louder motor.  Only time will tell if they’re as reliable.

I’m up for machine replacement in the spring, and hope to get a 10 if they’re still available.  I’m not concerned about parts, I have extra/backup parts, and I’m sure resmed will continue to supply/support newly purchased machines, because most insurance require 5-year ownership.

On a side note, has Lincare told you how they are going to handle compliance data without the built-in modem?  It’s something I’ve wondered about since reading about the card-to-cloud devices.  Historically resmed has touted their data collection over cellular, and how your DME and provider can monitor your pap usage (and change settings?!).  I know some DME's don't even have SD card readers any more…  

Anyway, good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
IMHO the key to data is OSCAR. That gives you access to detailed data down to a breath by breath level when you need it. By posting your daily charts here, we will ask for more if we need it, you can understand what is going on with the help of the experienced users here, and learn how to adjust and optimize your therapy. I can assure you that we are collectively more available than your doctor and we are not hesitant about telling you to consult your doctor when it is needed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-03-2022, 10:26 AM)SleepyMac Wrote: >>The 11 also seems to have bluetooth so quickly see sleep specs through the app
This might be addressed in a future firmware upgrade, but right now, bluetooth does almost nothing.  When setting up and connecting to MyAir servers for the first time, a BT connection provides the machines serial number (so you don’t have to look it up / enter it in), and allows you to use the “Test Drive” feature.  Data is still transmitted to ResMed through cellular, then “down” to the MyAir app.  

This isn’t a big deal for me, as I don’t use the MyAir app, but it does raise the question of why bother to add bluetooth at all??  

I’ve helped a couple of guys at my church get started with CPAP and their new 11’s.  Aside from the addition of the “for her” algorithms, I see little benefit over the 10.  They removed the 90º turn in the hose connection (has to be out farther from wall), and went with a smaller, slightly louder motor.  Only time will tell if they’re as reliable.

I’m up for machine replacement in the spring, and hope to get a 10 if they’re still available.  I’m not concerned about parts, I have extra/backup parts, and I’m sure resmed will continue to supply/support newly purchased machines, because most insurance require 5-year ownership.

On a side note, has Lincare told you how they are going to handle compliance data without the built-in modem?  It’s something I’ve wondered about since reading about the card-to-cloud devices.  Historically resmed has touted their data collection over cellular, and how your DME and provider can monitor your pap usage (and change settings?!).  I know some DME's don't even have SD card readers any more…  

Anyway, good luck!

Thanks. I was told that I just need to bring the SD card with me to doctor appointments.

(08-03-2022, 12:18 PM)Gideon Wrote: IMHO the key to data is OSCAR.  That gives you access to detailed data down to a breath by breath level when you need it.  By posting your daily charts here, we will ask for more if we need it, you can understand what is going on with the help of the experienced users here, and learn how to adjust and optimize your therapy.  I can assure you that we are collectively more available than your doctor and we are not hesitant about telling you to consult your doctor when it is needed.

Sounds great, thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 70 25,746 1 hour ago
Last Post: her.suit
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 412 2 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 615 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,610 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,775 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,179 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.