Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Airsense Auto 10 Humidifier Setting
ResMed Airsense Auto 10 Humidifier Setting
Tonight will be my first night using the Auto 10 after switching from a Dreamstation that I used for six weeks. I’m a little confused as to what the best humidifier settings are to get me started.

I know if it gets too warm in the mask I’ll feel stifled.  I was thinking of starting at Climate Auto and Tube Heat 78. I know I can also put tube heat on Auto or I could change both to manual.

I know it’s ultimately subjective so long as there is no rain out, but any nudges in the right direction to get me going are appreciated!
Post Reply Post Reply
What Humidity Settings Do You Use With Your Autoset 10?
Maybe I should rephrase the question.  What humidity settings do you use with your Airsense Auto 10?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Airsense Auto 10 Humidifier Setting
I use:
Manual Mode
Tube Temp 80 F
Humidity level 4

Never had a problem. In Summer I turn down tube temp to 74 and humidity to 3.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use auto mode with a hose temp of 68 degrees.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I turn the heated hose option off, and put the Climate Control on auto.
Post Reply Post Reply
I start at Auto for both heat and humidity, and then adjust from there based on my experience.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use no humidifier and a slimline hose I like the cool breeze
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey all how did you determine your settings for humidifier? Just personal preference?
Post Reply Post Reply
trial and error to find personal preference. lots of variables, including personal preference, location, climate, weather, season and our home heating and cooling habits. I use passive humidification (water in tank, humidifier off) and 74F hose temp. water lasts about 5 days. I do have stuffed/runny nose and sneezing more frequently than before cpap. when it occurs it's usually first thing in the morning; sometimes on and off all day. I suspect it's related to these settings but not certain.
Post Reply Post Reply
You don't mention where in the US you live. If you use humidity the best setting to start with is Auto to avoid the real possibility of rainout.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 52 1,380 Yesterday, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Pawpri
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 104 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 127 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 27 7,631 04-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Tube Temp and Humidity Setting To Avoid Rainout tomkelly 10 266 04-11-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: tomkelly
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 74 26,940 04-11-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Trigger Setting Switch - Aircurve 10 MrIvanDrago 4 151 04-09-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.