Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Airsense11 software
RE: Help understanding oscar data [CPAP]
So why not use the SD card?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Airsense11 software
Thank you very much.   I was hoping there would be something, but wasn't sure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh really?  I did not know that!  Thank you very much for that bit of info!  I thought using a SD card would interfere with the results of the DME monitoring.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help understanding oscar data [CPAP]
I was afraid it would interfere with the DME monitoring system
Post Reply Post Reply
Most of us on this forum manage our own settings. Mostly we do that with the knowledge that OSCAR provides from reading the SD card. We offer suggestions based on years of experience on our own and helping others. You can take our advice and talk to your doctor about it if you wish, that is your choice, or you can make those changes yourself. Rarely will your doctor severely admonish you beyond saying Bad Boy and altering his prescription to what he sees is working better.

Either way you will have better knowledge of what is going on and we will help you. One thing that sets this forum apart from many others is that we strongly prefer to see that data and then suggest solutions,
Post Reply Post Reply
The 11 series can access and save data onto an SD card and send data out via the modem concurrently.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Awesome!  Thanks so much for that info!  That makes me happy!
Post Reply Post Reply
So, I just got a new AirSense 11 to replace my 9 year old APAP.  It was starting to make funny noises.

Them:  It automatically uploads to a central site.  

Me: How?  

Them:  Automatically!

This conversation was repeated almost verbatim with three supplier reps and my doctor. I needed to know, you see, I live in the big swamp.  Bad cellphone coverage here.

The day I picked up my machine it went a little differently.

Me:  How does it work with the automatic upload stuff?

Tech:  It has a built-in T-mobile cellular modem.

Me:  I use T-mobile.  They have zero bars at my house.  My cellphones use my WiFi when I'm at home. Can I hook it to my Wi-Fi? Or, will it relay through my cellphone if I use the bluetooth app?

Them: It needs 2 bars, minimum, to upload. No provision for Wi-Fi. Well, if you don't have coverage....hmmm, let me get you an SD chip.

So they stuck in an SD chip.  

Them:  The SD chip goes here.  Bring it in to your appointments if your technician informs you that your data is not being uploaded.

So my guess is that the SD Chip recording does not affect the automatic reporting.
Post Reply Post Reply
"I live in the big swamp."  . . . I thought Washington DC would have excellent cell service.   Rolleyes

The data that is sent via the cell signal is nowhere near the resolution of the data, nor the detailed information that is written to the SD card.  You can use both, if you had a cell signal, without any interference between the two.   Just remember to keep the SD card in your CPAP while you are using it.  If you forget and leave it out, all you will get is summary data for that day.   The summary data is about the same basic information that the cell signal would transmit.

To help better understand your therapy, I highly recommend that you download the free program OSCAR.  The download link is both in the name and at the top of every page here on the Apnea Board.  In my signature are links to articles that will help in understanding OSCAR and how to take a screenshot of your Daily screens and post them here.

Good luck!
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
THANK YOU so much for that info.  I will sure do that. I appreciate your advice.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 11 636 4 hours ago
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 90 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 436 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,010 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  PC Software RchiAiki 13 1,195 12-20-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need urgent Software for Yuwell YH-580 WilliamVasquez 12 4,106 12-19-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: VankoGo
  Software to read edf file from in lab study? lisaistired 3 688 12-02-2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.