Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask liners
Mask liners
Over the past 9 years, I've periodically experienced mask leaks.  I use a Quattro Air full face mask (ffm) and a chinstrap due to being a mouth breather.  I also have worn a cloth liner under the cushion of the mask.  Can the liner be a cause of my mask leak problem?

Thank you for your time and any help is very much appreciated. 
- Dreamless
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask liners
IMO the cloth liners cause a constant leak by design, but no different the the exhaust flow already built into the mask. I struggled with mask leaks also, I think my face changed over the years, and my old reliable HC431 no longer sealed well, after many mask trials I found Simplus FFM now worked better for me. So maybe time for new style if mask?

I have also found longer lasting Silicone Seal life & mask sealing, by washing the seal by hand every morning with a little hand soap and tap water, then drying with a hand towel. My theory is that leaving tap water drops on the silicone leaves a residue of minerals after it dries, messing up the seal, I also suspect that cleaning with baby wipes each day (as I had been), may just be rubbing your skin grease and chemicals into the silicone. also shortening it's life. Just a guess of course, but I am happy with the results of daily tap water washing.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mask liners
JohnnyMac,

Thank you so much for replying. 

Dreamless
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mask Liners newtothis1 1 314 12-31-2023, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,530 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  mask liners F30i face mask cberistain 7 1,995 10-20-2022, 07:14 PM
Last Post: Kidatply
  Mask Liners and Leaks ejbpesca 2 644 10-09-2022, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Melman
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,219 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,758 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Mask Liners (how) Do They Work? SevereApnea 10 1,959 10-16-2021, 07:12 AM
Last Post: redstormsju

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.