Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed AutoSet 10 water reservoir
ResMed AutoSet 10 water reservoir
Now I remember why I don't like to completely soak / submerge the lower part (tank) of the water reservoir. 

It has a small hole on the bottom side of it, up in a corner. Water gets in there, and it takes almost forever for it to dry out on it's own. 

I've only done that once since getting my machine last Sept. Today, makes twice. As I was taking the water reservoir apart to be cleaned, I was thinking, now what was it that I wanted to remember about doing this?

Within a minute or so of submerging the tank, I remembered.  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed AutoSet 10 water reservoir
I wouldn't be too concerned. Microorganisms that will grow in water grow slowly and will not reach significant numbers before the location dries. Also, any that grow are extremely unlikely to be pathogens.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, I wasn't all that worried about mico-organisms, it was more about forgetting. I keep the reservoir as clean as can be. It's the easiest and fastest part of a CPAP machine to clean, at least for me. 

But, I do appreciate the feedback / reassurance.
Post Reply Post Reply
You could put a piece of tape over the hole when you are washing it, and remove the tape afterwards.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-05-2019, 04:27 AM)Coffee Man Wrote: You could put a piece of tape over the hole when you are washing it, and remove the tape afterwards.

That's exactly what I plan to do, as long as I remember to do it.  

Thanks for the tip!  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 35 Yesterday, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,739 Yesterday, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,319 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 409 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  Am I crazy for complaining to this DME seller about the reservoir I ordered? sweetbobby 14 386 03-08-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: sweetbobby
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 183 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 152 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.