Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Autosense smart start not working
ResMed Autosense smart start not working
Hello everyone.  

New here.  I completed a one month trial using a machine.  My Sleep Apnea was 10 per hour so considered mild as I was told.
Anyway I am using the DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask.  I used their ResMed Autosense 10 for one month and used the Smart Start
feature where after you removed the mask it would shut off in a few seconds.  Nice feature.  So I go ahead and purchase my own machine
and had everything set up like the other one I did my trial with.  The first morning when I removed my mask, the unit didn't shut off.  I thought it was just a fluke.
It did the same thing the other 3 or 4 days.  Unit would not shut off and just kept blowing out a strong air flow.  The respiratory person I told this asked their
ResMed rep and the answer they gave her was the mask I am using has a too low of air flow and the machine doesn't sense it when I remove it.
But it worked flawlessly with the other same exact machine for a month.  So I am asking anyone here if there is any truth to their answer or do I have a defective machine that would either need a reset, or an update or is it defective???  Thank you for your thoughts and suggestions in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: ResMed Autosense smart start not working
Is smartstart turned on in the clinical menu?
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2019, 10:19 PM)Osiris357 Wrote: Is smartstart turned on in the clinical menu?

Yes, make sure the smart start feature is turned on. 

I wasn't happy about how long it took for the air to stop once I uncoupled my mask from the air hose. So.....when I need to visit the restroom at night (which can be numerous times), I just reach over and turn the machine off. The air flow stops immediately. 

Once back in bed, I reattach the hose to my mask, take a breath, and I'm back in business.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use my machine in the same way as I have a nasal mask, it’s documented in the manual that with a nasal mask smart start won’t work.

I use the off button to turn off the machine and smart start to start it
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
smartstart works fine to start the machine with nasal pillows. I always stop therapy with the button so don't know if the stop function works consistently with pillows. it did the few times I tried it. however, as I recall the manual indicates a pressure under which it won't work, 7cmw maybe?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to access card on Resmed autosense? hegel 12 269 06-09-2021, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Doublereeder2
  Stressed and overwhelmed N00b - Where to start? araminta 9 167 06-01-2021, 11:50 AM
Last Post: Geer1
  Smart Watches/devices Fourkidletts 83 3,301 05-22-2021, 01:33 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  CPAP suddenly not working (I think) tstiefler3 4 275 05-18-2021, 11:06 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Resmed S9 Start Issue flightstick 9 206 05-17-2021, 12:56 AM
Last Post: flightstick
  Help working out what is going on with my sleep markrule 5 234 05-08-2021, 08:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Wink Feels like CPAP suddenly isn't working. tstiefler3 1 105 05-04-2021, 10:22 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.