Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Autoset S9
Idea 
ResMed Autoset S9
Hi every one

I am going to be setting up software for a friend who just got a new ResMed Autoset S9.

Won't be changing any settings just giving her the ability to read her sleep data after her DME told her it couldn't be done as a patient.

I don't know if ResMed machines are like Respironics that have a million slightly different machines but are all labeled the same (what a night mare that is)

So if it is a ResMed Autoset S9 does this mean it is data compatible?
I was going to bring SleepyHead & ResScan 3.16 SP1 Pdf along with me as well as the ResScan 3.16 SP1 & the ResScan-4.2-Clinician-Manual.

Is there anything I should know that may be a known issue to someone who knows or uses the ResMed Autoset S9?

I will take the software with me on a usb drive but will not be at home will be out of town.

Thanks for any thoughts that will help me be prepared.

Dan
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Autoset S9
dcgrafix, it definetely works on the Resmed S9 Autoset, I have used sleepyhead for a few years, what I found though when I downloaded Rescan for free it wanted to format my simcard and wipe all my data from my card, I lost two days worth and only use sleepyhead now, hope that helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2013, 06:25 PM)dcgrafix Wrote: So if it is a ResMed Autoset S9 does this mean it is data compatible?
Yes... But S9 Escape Auto is Not
Next to stop/start button should say "AutoSet" as shown here
[Image: img_usage.jpg]

Ask her to get the clinical manual via email, the manual explain how to use the machine and access sleep report data on the LCD

here some links might be of some help:
ResScan interpretation guide: http://www.apneaboard.com/ResScan_Interp...-Guide.pdf

Data on S9 and SD card: http://www.s9morecomfort.com/s9morecomfo...ement.html

S9 setup video: http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

S9 data management guide: http://www.resmed.com/us/assets/document...er_eng.pdf

H5i humidifier: http://www.resmed.com/us/assets/document...er_eng.pdf

ClimateLine: http://www.resmed.com/au/assets/document...lo_eng.pdf

Post Reply Post Reply
All S9 AutoSets are data capable - no monkey business with different model numbers. The monkey business is when DMEs refer to "Escape Auto" simply as "Auto" which can lead some people to think it is the same as an "AutoSet".

A couple things you might already know, but I'll point out anyway.

-Make sure "Sleep Quality" is turned on in the clinical settings of the machine or it won't record all the data.

-Don't install ResMed's drivers when you install ResScan or everything will get all messed up and it won't work.

Heads up on Sleepy Head; it has a glitch with AutoSets where it sometimes doubles data sessions on some days. I'm pretty sure that glitch is just with ResMed machines - but who knows. Either way, you might want to let your friend know to be on the lookout for screwy data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi dcgrafix, Best of luck on helping your friend getting set up with her new machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2013, 06:25 PM)dcgrafix Wrote: Hi every one

I am going to be setting up software for a friend who just got a new ResMed Autoset S9.

That's so sweet of you.

Quote:Won't be changing any settings just giving her the ability to read her sleep data after her DME told her it couldn't be done as a patient.

The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the person doing it.

Quote:I don't know if ResMed machines are like Respironics that have a million slightly different machines but are all labeled the same (what a night mare that is)

So if it is a ResMed Autoset S9 does this mean it is data compatible?

Oh yes. It certainly is. But yes there is
- AutoSet (the gold standard it appears. Certainly does data)
- Escape Auto (avoid this one)
- VPAP Auto (if you need it and if you have the $$$)

They are all different and as with all S9 units, they look identical.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2013, 07:00 PM)jgjones1972 Wrote: All S9 AutoSets are data capable - no monkey business with different model numbers. The monkey business is when DMEs refer to "Escape Auto" simply as "Auto" which can lead some people to think it is the same as an "AutoSet".

I was afraid of this happening which is why I made it absolutely clear what I wanted.

Quote:-Make sure "Sleep Quality" is turned on in the clinical settings of the machine or it won't record all the data.

Funny (not to me) but my DME had that disabled. I fixed that when I got home with my semi-shiny new S9 AutoSet (they H5i was the same one - I didn't get a new one)

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the great advice!!
I will now be able to go in more informed.

I don't mind messing up my data so much but I don't want to mess up some other people's that are still under Prescription & monitored by Sleep doc & or DME so I really appreciate the in-site.

Thanks again for the prompt reply.

This is truly the best CPAP forum!!

Dan
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2013, 10:51 PM)dcgrafix Wrote: Thanks for all the great advice!!
I will now be able to go in more informed.

I don't mind messing up my data so much but I don't want to mess up some other people's that are still under Prescription & monitored by Sleep doc & or DME so I really appreciate the in-site.

Then again yeah I have my prescription but I'm not being monitored by anyone except myself. Now that I got what I want I'll leave them alone, I hope they leave ME alone.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 24 448 37 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 115 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 473 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 216 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
Grin [Equipment] JOY! I've been swapped to a ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet (from a SEFAM S.Box) dbcpap 9 1,242 02-12-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Resmed Autoset 10 buzzing noise - what now? mogulman 8 595 01-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Resmed 11 autoset For Her mode help! HMG7450 10 682 11-15-2023, 10:06 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.