Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Climateline Hose Cleaning
ResMed Climateline Hose Cleaning
The ResMed Climateline heated hose  is 1.9 meters in length.  Most cleaning brushes are 1.5 meters in length.  The ResMed Climateline hose has a right angle in the end that connects to the CPAP machine, making it impossible to insert the brush into that end. As a result, you can only clean 1.5 meters of the hose.  Does anyone know where you can purchase a cleaning brush long enough to clean the entire length of the Climateline hose?  Surely, someone makes such a brush???
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Climateline Hose Cleaning
Look at Supplier #29 on the supplier list at the top. They have a 6.5 ft hose brush.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
You don't need a brush. Get a Scotch Sponge Bright (the fake sponge works far better than a regular sponge for this purpose). Using an exacto type knife, cut off two sponge worms - about 3 inches in length and about 3/4-1 inch wide. Get it wet and soapy with Dawn. Place inside hose. Then hook the end to your kitchen faucet and put water on warm. Sponge goes through, gently scraping sides. Repeat a couple of times. I only do this in the summer because my hose will sometimes have an odor. Otherwise, water and Dawn run through the hose is perfect.

I don't have the link to the original video for that, but here's one that demonstrates a similar technique to clean a garden hose. Just remember, use the SPONGE for your hose, not the green part. (very dramatic music).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIA0EzMN2ds

If you have a buildup of black gunk in your hose, it could be algae, it could be mold. I'd throw it and start with a new hose. Not worth your health to guess.
Post Reply Post Reply
Walla Walla

Many thanks.  Per your suggestion, I have ordered a 6-1/2' cleaning brush from Supplier 29.  Sounds like just what I need.  I normally use a SoClean 2 on a weekly basis to clean the hose, but am taking an extended vacation and did not want to lug the SoClean in my suitcase because of it's size.
Post Reply Post Reply
Might want to run a search on SoClean.
Feelings are mixed, but the vast majority believe that it really doesn't do anything positive, and it absolutely does not "clean"... as to its effectiveness as a disinfectant... feedback from most is along the lines of "Well, I've been using it and it hasn't hurt anything"

Personally, I've been through the gamut of ozone-based air purifiers and have come to the conclusion that they are snake oil.
It's absolutely not worth taking one on vacation.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
oh oh, you're supposed to clean your hose.....
Post Reply Post Reply
Weird, the Resmed manual clearly states you only need to run warm water with some soap through it and then let it dry on its own. Why not just do that?

Since its a heated hose you can also run the machine its gonna dry pretty fast. It's what I do
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 226 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 172 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
Money cleaning thread? TinyBubbles 19 7,799 02-27-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 185 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 345 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 612 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.