Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Climateline Hose - Cleaning
ResMed Climateline Hose - Cleaning
The ResMed Climateline Hose is 1.9 meters in length. The tube cleaning brush I purchased from [commercial DME link removed] is 1.5 meters in length.

For a normal hose this is not a problem because you use the brush from one end of the tube and then use it from the other end thereby covering the entire tube length with overlap

The ResMed Climateline Hose has a right angle fitting on one end which makes it impossible to insert the brush from that end. As a result I can clean only 1.5 meters of a 1.9 meter hose

Any suggestions?

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Climateline Hose - Cleaning
Although I don't have one of these yet, I have read that others just clean it well like the slimline hose in warm soapy (dawn dish soap) water, rinse well and hang to dry.

Personally when I get mine, I will probably want to use a blow dryer on cool for several minutes at the electrical connection end just for peace of mind. Funny enough, I asked my DME about them and how to clean them. She had no idea and told me to let her know what I learned!!!!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2015, 11:57 AM)cate1898 Wrote: Although I don't have one of these yet, I have read that others just clean it well like the slimline hose in warm soapy (dawn dish soap) water, rinse well and hang to dry.

This is exactly how I have cleaned mine with zero issues.
Post Reply Post Reply
That how I wash mine too, also hook mask end of the hose into the hot water tap and rinse well
I've some spares, but haven't unpacked yet, like to use the same one until fall apart, pricey around here and insurance does not pay for them

I'm sure someone did mention, they use air compressor for drying but haven't got one in the tool shed
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2015, 02:02 PM)zonk Wrote: I'm sure someone did mention, they use air compressor for drying but haven't got one in the tool shed

Piston driven compressors that are often found in shops carry a small amount of compressor oil in the output. I wouldn't dry my hose with one.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
As someone else posted in the forum awhile back, if you use humidity there is no need to fully dry the hose since it will be wet soon after turning it on. I drip dry mine and whatever residual just stays there until I hook it up and turn it on. No issues to date.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have some kind of gunk in your hose, then you need to use something. I used to have to clean out thick aquarium hoses which often had an algae buildup. I had a piece of steel in a small pouch attached to a cord which was then attached to a towel that will fit through the hose (tea towels worked great for this). Then you hold up the hose, and let the steel with the cord fall through to the other end of the hose. Soak for 15-20 minutes. Then gently pull the towel through. It dislodged most of the gunk. Sometimes I had to do it twice or use a terry cloth strip.

For MOST of us, just soaking it and running the water through is sufficient to clean it, but hey, different environments.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bad design I know. I was able to compress the accordion hose enough to scrub the last bit. I bough 2 of the cleaning brushes, and both are too short.
Post Reply Post Reply
I must be an oddball.
I simply replace my heated hoses every year or two and don't worry about cleaning.
I also practice the 5 second rule if I drop a bit of food.
I figure you need a few germs to keep your immune system on its toes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Breathing in mold and bacteria is not something to build up resistance to.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 226 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 172 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
Money cleaning thread? TinyBubbles 19 7,797 02-27-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 184 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 345 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 611 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.