Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Climateline Hose - Cleaning
RE: ResMed Climateline Hose - Cleaning
Humm, I don't think I would use a shop air compressor on a CPAP hose, but that is just me - I would be concerned about the pressure damaging the hose.

I have the same hose and have never had a problem with stuff building up in it.

If you feel there is mold or other gunk building up I would soak in a weak solution of dish washing liquid for about 1/2 to 1 hour and then rinse very well. I agree about hanging up to drip dry, it will just get wet again when I use it at night.

I prefer to hang the hose up in the kitchen rather than the bathroom - just me.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-26-2015, 04:30 PM)Evpraxia Wrote: If you feel there is mold or other gunk building up
If you've waited that long for mold and gunk to build-up, probably you're sick already, best throw it away
You'll need to do the cleaning more often, no brownies points Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-26-2015, 04:30 PM)Evpraxia Wrote: Humm, I don't think I would use a shop air compressor on a CPAP hose, but that is just me - I would be concerned about the pressure damaging the hose.

Some air compressors have oil in the air lines from the pump, not recommended for breathing. Even oil-less compressors are not made for breathing.

Post Reply Post Reply
Can the entire hose be submerged in soapy water, even the end with the electrical contacts? I just read the User Guide and it isn't very specific about this.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-11-2015, 04:38 PM)StoopidMonkey81 Wrote: Can the entire hose be submerged in soapy water, even the end with the electrical contacts? I just read the User Guide and it isn't very specific about this.

Yes, you can submerge the whole thing. I soak both my brother's and my heated hoses regularly and it's a non-problem. As mentioned, there is no reason to use a BRUSH unless you can actually see some kind of gunk (and I'd be finding out WHY there is gunk there to begin with). If your machine is on the floor, then raise it up some. Also, change your filter more often. The only parts that I can see developing any guck is the mask and the first foot or so of the hose from your facemask.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 27 7,651 04-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Cleaning F20/F30 QuietAir Elbow 70sSanO 13 5,787 04-12-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Magoo905
  Cleaning the Airsense machine itself (not the mask, tube, chamber)? dharma2255 3 159 04-10-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: dharma2255
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 236 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
Money cleaning thread? TinyBubbles 19 7,906 02-27-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 207 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
Question Hose volume Willw 4 285 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.