Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Equivalent of a Respironics Mask
ResMed Equivalent of a Respironics Mask
I am using a Respironics Dreamwear Under-The-Nose nasal mask.  Can anyone tell me if Resmed makes an equivalent mask? I can't tell just by looking at the Resmed website.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Equivalent of a Respironics Mask
Resmed has a very simple naming convention.  Full Face Masks start with the letter "F", Nasal masks start with "N", and Nasal Pillows start with "P". For a top-of-the-head hose connection, they add an "i" suffix to the model number. An example is an FFM with a top connection's would be the F30i.

A side note: While the F30 series masks are declared as a full face mask, it is really a hybrid. It has a nasal cushion with a mouth covering.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your quick response. Do you know if the Resmed F30i has a nasal cushion (like the Respironics Dreamwear Under-The-Nose mask) vs. nasal pillows? I can't really tell from the Resmed website.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you should look at the Resmed n30i or even the n30, similar masks to the one you have except one is over the top of the head.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please note that any mask can be used with any CPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Jimchi  When I google the name of the mask you've given, I see it corresponds to the ResMed N30i.  

There are slight differences in the cushion.  The opening in the ResMed cushion has a narrow divider in the middle, so that there are two holes instead of one.

I tried both of them at one point and preferred the ResMed cushion.  I like the clip connector on the ResMed a lot better, too.

By the way, some people use the strap from the Philips, with its arms, on the ResMed mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to all of you. I've ordered the Resmed N30i and will try it. Happy holidays to all.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,052 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 229 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 673 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 339 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 483 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,406 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.