Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed F20 full mask memory foam
ResMed F20 full mask memory foam
cleaning question just switched to the memory foam mask was using the F20 silicone mask which I would wash with warm water and Dove soap now using memory foam replacement wondering what’s the best way to wash this mask without messing up memory foam just warm water or a light wipe down.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed F20 full mask memory foam
A very long thread on the forum here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-face-mask

Mask wipes are recommended, along with cushion replacement on a monthly interval. I'm sure it can go longer, but I would avoid immersion cleaning or any harsh additives.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2017, 08:17 AM)Sleepride Wrote: Mask wipes are recommended, along with cushion replacement on a monthly interval. I'm sure it can go longer, but I would avoid immersion cleaning or any harsh additives.

Thanks for the link to the other thread!!
Post Reply Post Reply
I wipe my mask with Pampers Natural Clean wipes, no alcohol.  You have to be very careful around the nose area to avoid tearing the foam.  I tore mine about 3 weeks into usage.  The foam is very fragile.  Conversely, the silicone AirSense F20 mask wears like iron.  It will wear indefinitely.  I still have a F20 AirSense that I used for about 6 months, and it is still perfectly good.  It's a trade off.  The foam is more comfortable than the silicone.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-01-2017, 08:17 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: A very long thread on the forum here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-face-mask

Mask wipes are recommended, along with cushion replacement on a monthly interval. I'm sure it can go longer, but I would avoid immersion cleaning or any harsh additives.

A few weeks ago someone mentioned that Resmed is now recommending 60 day replacement for their customers in Aus.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
FYI, I am going on 4 months with the airtouch and it does not seem to be degrading. I do not see why it wont last 6 months. I do have a spare if needed.

Car54
Post Reply Post Reply
DO NOT WASH in water. Must use CPAP wipes only. CPAP wipes are a $10 version of $3 baby wipes. CPAP tech told me they are equivalent.
I found 3 containers of CPAP wipes online for $14-15. Probably Amazon.
Post Reply Post Reply
What is your secret of longevity????  How do you avoid getting a small tear in the foam?  I was very careful with my first AirTouch, and it barely lasted 3 weeks.  I use the Pampers wipes and try to be gentle, especially around the nose bridge area.  Would love to learn your technique.
Post Reply Post Reply
My personal longevity is pretty much assured genetically: My mother is 98 and lives on her own. My Paternal grandfather was fine until he had a stroke and died at 99.
As for the mask. It's new and I did wash it once before reading the addendum to owners manual. I pinch the foam lightly and go around the mask, also wipe inside and out. Also wipe inside edge of foam. I am currently using CPAP wipes but will switch to baby wipes when these run out.
Post Reply Post Reply
I spray my daily with citrus2 let it sit for a while and gently wipe with a Waterwipes from Walmart. Waterwipes are have rather natural ingredients.

Citrus2 I believe is a fairly natural product also. It is made by Beaumont Products if you want to search it.

car54
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,621 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  CPAP compressed air path design, foam, filtration & maintenance MaNoise 10 227 03-25-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MaNoise
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 524 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,608 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 702 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 399 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.