Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed F20 mask rubs bridge of nose
RE: ResMed F20 mask rubs bridge of nose
I have started using a technique that may help some others that are sensitive about the F20 cushion getting too close to their eyes. After I put the mask on, if one side of the cushion feels like it is impinging on my eye, I reach up with my thumb and carefully slide it under the cushion (kind of rolling the cushion inward) near my eye. Then I slide my thumb back out while moving it along the cushion to avoid pulling it back out. This seems to work well for me without causing any leaks and moves the cushion just a little so it no longer bothers me. I too am sensitive about things around my eyes.

I hope this might be helpful to someone.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
A while back someone wrote a rather detailed article concerning adjusting a mask to your face.  He said to adjust the straps without pressure, then pressurize the mask and then gently pull it out from your face, letting air escape.  Then let it settle back down a little lower on your nose, thus  avoiding the eye lashes.  That seems to work for me. It also gets a good fit for the mask thus enabling maximizing  pressure capability.
Post Reply Post Reply
Jerry,

I am not sure that I understand. How does one effectively adjust the straps without any pressure on the mask? Not trying to be facetious just wondering if you really meant it the way you wrote it.

Quote:Then let it settle back down a little lower on your nose, thus  avoiding the eye lashes.

I do not know about the F10  but my impression and experience so far with the F20 is that one wants to end up with it as far up the bridge of one's nose as possible in order to eliminate leaks into one's eyes. I read that somewhere and it has held true for me. With me, it is just the creeping onset of senility except it doesn't seem to be creeping anymore.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Look thru the Mask Primer. Link in my sig
Post Reply Post Reply
Look for what?

What I was actually talking about with respect to sealing F20 masks is that the highest point of the cushion should end up against the brow in order to effect a good seal on the nasal bridge. My Mirage Quattro does not need to be up this high to seal well.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Without pressure, and the mask in place on your face, you adjust the straps where the mask is snug, but not tight.  It gets tight once you apply pressure to the mask. Once under pressure,  you gently pull it away from face, let it inflate, then let it settle back  down on your face. If need be, you can then repeat this process.   All of this mask adjustment information is contained in the rather detailed article I referred to that was previously posted by one of our members.  If I am not mistaken, it was written by jeffy1958 in an old forum article and was subsequently republished by SuperSleeper, an Apnea Board Administrator,  on February 23, 2012.  It is really a very well written article and I commend it to everyone.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was just wondering because you left out the part about repeating the strap adjustment after the pressure is applied in your first response. Yes I am familiar with Jeffy's article and I agree with your commendation.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,812 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 196 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 152 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,977 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 172 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 340 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Can flow limitation stem from congested nose with nose mask? 40plus 11 647 01-29-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.