Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed F30i available
RE: ResMed F30i available
Ordered it when I saw the email. Really like the top of head masks, really hated the Dreamwear's venting and the sore it made on the bottom of my nose/septum. I'm using the F30 mainly right now.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2020, 09:15 PM)edfreeman Wrote: Ordered it when I saw the email.  Really like the top of head masks, really hated the Dreamwear's venting and the sore it made on the bottom of my nose/septum.  I'm using the F30 mainly right now.

I'm interested. 
I've tried at least 8 full face masks. The F20 leaked horribly, but I didn't feel as claustrophobic. Normally my trials lasted minutes. I gave that one a good try.
I'm an active sleeper. I roll around a lot.

I use an N20 with a wedge under my chin. A home-made one works best for me.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I am currently using the F30 with great results. The one thing that I noticed with the F30i is that there is no adjustment on top of your head. The F30 does have it and I often use it to snug the mask against my nose. I'll wait and see the reviews as it is used.
car54
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2020, 01:13 PM)car54 Wrote: I am currently using the F30 with great results. The one thing that I noticed with the F30i is that there is no adjustment on top of your head. The F30 does have it and I often use it to snug the mask against my nose. I'll wait and see the reviews as it is used.
car54

Good to hear!

every time I see your posts I remember the old tv show....car 54, where are you?
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
DaveL,

I was born in 1954. I used to race Formula Ford race cars and my car # was 54. During qualify, I was beating the track record when going through a turn the rear of the car lost grip and I ended up spinning into a patch of cattails. The track workers could not see me. They radioed into race control,"car54 where are you?".
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-21-2020, 01:13 PM)car54 Wrote: I am currently using the F30 with great results. The one thing that I noticed with the F30i is that there is no adjustment on top of your head. The F30 does have it and I often use it to snug the mask against my nose. I'll wait and see the reviews as it is used.
car54

I'd be hoping that the over the head hose connection means mouth/nose the mask doesn't get 'pulled' so much by the hose, and hopefully we don't need it to be so 'snug'.
I use a F30 too and I'm excited to see how these go.
Post Reply Post Reply
This mask is a keeper.  Same fit as the F30, but I really like the top hose, always have as tending to the hose on side switches can be a pain.  I used the pad-a-cheek headgear strap covers for my F30i and the side hose cover I had for a Dreamwear and had no strap or hose marks.  The mask does need to be fit while laying on the bed as all top hose variants do, since the hoses are more vulnerable to pushing the mask to the side than just straps, but if this is any tighter than the F30 for me (and it isn't tight at all), it isn't by much. 

2 nights usage, no leaks, my AHI is always low, no wakeups until a "potty break" 5 hours in, then 2 more hours after.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2020, 04:14 PM)car54 Wrote: DaveL,

I was born in 1954. I used to race Formula Ford race cars and my car # was 54. During qualify, I was beating the track record when going through a turn the rear of the car lost grip and I ended up spinning into a patch of cattails. The track workers could not see me. They radioed into race control,"car54 where are you?".

Thanks!
(Car54 was a Police Show.  Two characters.  Dispatch would always radio, "Car 54 where are you?)
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2020, 02:42 PM)ragtopcircus Wrote: It looks like it uses (and fits) the P30i frame

That may have been incorrect. A photo of the F30i cushion attachment points looked different. Can anyone confirm or deny?
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it is vastly different.  The anti-asphyxiation valves are in those connectors and they slide in and snap down on the F30i. The P30i frame will not work.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,963 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 364 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  New CPAP User - f30i Mask Troubles CcReesezzzzz01 6 917 01-31-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: CcReesezzzzz01
  ResMed F30i recall (for warnings about magnets) NelsonM 7 1,038 12-27-2023, 03:18 PM
Last Post: alpharomeo
  How to stop leakages from the F30i Full Face Mask by ResMed Jose Castro 8 1,571 11-18-2023, 04:37 AM
Last Post: UnknownActor
  ResMed F30 vs. F30i Masks MrIvanDrago 3 942 11-17-2023, 09:47 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Dreamwear/F30i Rebdr 1 530 11-03-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.