Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed F30i available
RE: ResMed F30i available
Edfreeman,

Can you post more comments about the F30i

Thanks, car54
Post Reply Post Reply
I posted some thoughts in post 17 mainly comparing it to the F30, which was (until now) the most comfortable FF mask that I had tried. One thing I’d add is that the venting on this one is different, since the F30 has the benefit of the quiet air hose connection up front, while this one has a series of small holes on the front. I can feel this one venting if my arm is resting on the pillow near the face, but it isn’t loud or otherwise obnoxious, there’s enough holes to diffuse pretty well, but it would have been better if they’d used the diffuser on the P30i.
Post Reply Post Reply
How is the cushion fit? I am measuring a wide cushion.I would hate for it to be too big. I jmust have a wide nose. I normally use the F20 for her medium so was thinking the small headgear would work. Just found the product review thread I will study that thread.
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
I am wearing the medium cushion with zero leaks and good comfort. Were it me, I'd either travel to my local DME and get a fitting or I'd start with the regular medium mask, ordering from a place that has a free swap out within 30 days for a bad fit.

I wore the medium in the F30 as well, same fit.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2020, 07:40 AM)edfreeman Wrote: I posted some thoughts in post 17 mainly comparing it to the F30, which was (until now) the most comfortable FF mask that I had tried.  One thing I’d add is that the venting on this one is different, since the F30 has the benefit of the quiet air hose connection up front, while this one has a series of small holes on the front.  I can feel this one venting if my arm is resting on the pillow near the face, but it isn’t loud or otherwise obnoxious, there’s enough holes to diffuse pretty well, but it would have been better if they’d used the diffuser on the P30i.

I'm intrigued!
This mask looks impressive.
I have tried about 7 full face masks. All of them have confirmed to me that I am claustrophobic.

I am wearing a ResMed N20 and a chinstrap.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2020, 04:14 PM)car54 Wrote: DaveL,

I was born in 1954. I used to race Formula Ford race cars and my car # was 54. During qualify, I was beating the track record when going through a turn the rear of the car lost grip and I ended up spinning into a patch of cattails. The track workers could not see me. They radioed into race control,"car54 where are you?".

I am endlessly devastated! I was certain this was your namesake:

Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
DaveL, Yes I am car54 because of my race car but the tv show also inspired it. The main character was Fred Gwyne who also played Herman Munster. I hope you are not disappointed now!

CAR54
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried the F30i last night. 1st 4 hours slept like a dream. After that no good. I will try again tonight. I am concerned about the head gear. Only comes in one size. I had it almost as tight as it would go last nite. What will happen when it stretches out.

I really hope I can get it to work.
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-29-2020, 02:26 PM)car54 Wrote: DaveL, Yes I am car54 because of my race car but the tv show also inspired it. The main character was Fred Gwyne who also played Herman Munster. I hope you are not disappointed now!

CAR54

That's a fascinating story! Still smiling; feels good!

(I worked at the Ontario Police College for a while.  The head instructor's car (teaching cadets how to drive fast) had a licence plate SLO--- I teased him. Called it a personalized plate. He didn't think it was funny at all! cops...no sense of humour)
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Resmed F30i Mask ditron1 3 112 Yesterday, 11:33 AM
Last Post: cps22
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 5,039 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 377 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  New CPAP User - f30i Mask Troubles CcReesezzzzz01 6 933 01-31-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: CcReesezzzzz01
  ResMed F30i recall (for warnings about magnets) NelsonM 7 1,049 12-27-2023, 03:18 PM
Last Post: alpharomeo
  How to stop leakages from the F30i Full Face Mask by ResMed Jose Castro 8 1,591 11-18-2023, 04:37 AM
Last Post: UnknownActor
  ResMed F30 vs. F30i Masks MrIvanDrago 3 964 11-17-2023, 09:47 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.