Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed H5i humidifier heating
ResMed H5i humidifier heating
I just received my new S9[/size][/font] Escape with H5i Humidifier and i noticed the humidifier only heats up when it is set on the 5 or 6 level. Why no heat on the lower levels? Is this a problem with the Main unit or the H5i?

Zomp
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed H5i humidifier heating
Welcome to the forum!!! We are glad you joined us!!! Welcome

Not sure why you are having the issue with your humidifier. It would make sense that the humidifier would be "linear". Sleep-well
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Zomp, WELCOME! to the forum.!
I'm not sure why you would have the problem with that but hang in there and someone will be able to help you.
Best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2013, 04:39 PM)Zomp Wrote: I just received my new S9[/size][/font] Escape with H5i Humidifier and i noticed the humidifier only heats up when it is set on the 5 or 6 level. Why no heat on the lower levels? Is this a problem with the Main unit or the H5i?

Probably shouldn't worry about it.
The bigger issue is that if you can at all swing it, trade in the S9 Escape for a better model - S9 Elite or S9 AutoSet.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Zomp!
What Ugly said.
The Autoset & Elite have full data collection capabilities.
You will want those soon. Wink
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
The S9 series adjusts the heat and humidity level to the heat and humidity in the room. So a lower number would probably not heat up if the room was warmer than the setting. Same as with a thermostat on an electric heater. There is the "warm up" button you can use to pre-heat the thing.

And yes, inquire as to if you can trade in the useless Escape for the Elite or the Autoset (not the Escape Auto). The Escape tracks nothing but time used. It is akin to a diabetic only knowing their glucose level every 3 years or so.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I have concerns about my H5i, and found this information about testing the H5i on the RedMed web site http://www.resmed.com/us/patients_and_fa...-faqs.html
Quote:Is there a simple way for me to check that my H5i heater plate is working properly?

Yes. To confirm H5i function, complete the following steps;

Disconnect ClimateLine tubing and remove the water tub.
While the S9 is NOT running, place your hand on the heater plate to assess the temperature of the H5i heater plate. NOTE: Do NOT place your hand on the heater plate if the H5i has been running in the 10 minutes prior to this test as it may still be hot.
Set the humidifier output to 6.
Place the unit in warm-up mode and allow it to run for 1 minute.
Place your hand above the heater plate (without touching it) to confirm an increase in heater plate temperature. Don’t place your hand directly on the heater plate as it will be hot.
Press the dial for 3 seconds to enable cooling down mode.

And darn it, the plate doesn't even get warm to the touch - yet the water level does go down. So now, I'll get back to my DME - who tells me if the water level goes down that it must be working - that even if it is "working", its not working according to ResMed specs.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please let us know how this works out.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2013, 05:28 PM)Ugly Wrote:
(03-24-2013, 04:39 PM)Zomp Wrote: I just received my new S9[/size][/font] Escape with H5i Humidifier and i noticed the humidifier only heats up when it is set on the 5 or 6 level. Why no heat on the lower levels? Is this a problem with the Main unit or the H5i?

Probably shouldn't worry about it.
The bigger issue is that if you can at all swing it, trade in the S9 Escape for a better model - S9 Elite or S9 AutoSet.

Thanks for the advice--I changed my S9 Escape fot the S9 Elite.
Post Reply Post Reply
Checking the ResMed site on humidification

To confirm H5i function, complete the following steps;

1. Disconnect ClimateLine tubing and remove the water tub.
2. Place your hand on the heater plate to assess the temperature of the H5i heater plate while the S9 is not running. Do not place your hand on the heater plate if the H5i has been running in the 10 minutes prior to this test as it may still be hot.
3. Set the humidifier output to 6.
4. Place the unit in warm-up mode amd allow it to run for 1 minute.
5. Place your hand above the heater plate (without touching it) to confirm an increase in heater plate temperature. Don’t place your hand directly on the heater plate as it will be hot.
6. Press the dial for 3 seconds to enable cooling down mode.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 755 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 445 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 351 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,159 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54
  AirMini with Dreamstation Go humidifier chwang733 0 319 12-12-2023, 03:53 PM
Last Post: chwang733
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 3 6,137 12-12-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Humidifier wattage - Anyone know Pse? Kingsway 10 785 11-22-2023, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Kingsway

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.