Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Heated Hose--Doesn't Really Turn Off
ResMed Heated Hose--Doesn't Really Turn Off
I got a heated hose and it drowned me the first night, so I turned it to manual, turned temp down to 75, humidity down to 4; still drowned me.  The next night I turned the temp off, kept the humidity to 4, and it still rained out on me.  So I switched out to my old cheap non heated hose in the middle of the night, flipped all the water I could out of the mask, and slept like a baby the rest of the night.  I have the fleece wrapper ordered for the heated hose, but may never try it again.  The first 3 nights were pretty miserable.  It's not just the water in the face, it makes the air harder to breath in, have to really labor to get a breath.

Even when you turn off all the functions of the heated hose, it is still building up the humidity----some how!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Heated Hose--Doesn't Really Turn Off
What you should have done is increase the hose temp while decreasing the humidity level.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I had hoped to leave the machine on auto, which is 80 deg & auto humidity; maybe with the fleece that will work.  Beginning to rethink the whole heated hose thing though.  I tend to sleep much hotter than my wife, which brings on arguments about AC.  Maybe I am better off breathing in the cool air to keep my body heat down,  Perhaps I will try it one more time, but it sure ruins a nights sleep when the water starts dripping in your face.
Post Reply Post Reply
What's your room temperature? If the room is cool, that will increase condensation. I have my humidity set to 5 (max) and my tube set to 86 (also max) to avoid condensation in the tubing in my 60 degree room.
Paula

"If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now."
Post Reply Post Reply
We keep the room around 70, so that's part of the problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
As mentioned earlier. You need to turn up the temp on your hose while turning down the humidity setting. Way down. I have my humidity set at 2 while the hose temp is almost at max. I never have any episodes of excess humidity or rainout.
Post Reply Post Reply
But then, what is the purpose of the heated hose?  Just heat?  I thought the objective was humidity.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you increase the humidity temperature you want to increase the hose temperature also. The humidity temperature increases the moisture and the hose temperature prevents the rainout. Keep increasing the hose temperature until the rainout stops.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Do you think it might be drool. Thats what happened tome
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 185 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
Question Hose volume Willw 4 217 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 933 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 589 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 218 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 341 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 543 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.