Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Hose Cover
ResMed Hose Cover
I just purchased a long (7 ft) ResMed zippered hose cover. My main hose is a heated climate line, so I didn't really need it for it, but I wanted to cover that short AirFit P10 hose, strictly for comfort.

Unfortunately, it is not going to work the way I hoped. The junction between the main climate line hose and P10 hose is too wide to fit the cover (can't zip it up). So, I used some scotch tape to close the end of the cover. Not really happy with it. I am thinking of possibly cutting a hole in the cover, to try to fit that junction, hopefully allowing me to pull the zipper all the way through. Oh well, live and learn.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Hose Cover
The inexpensive Snugglehose is large enough to fit over the fittings, and the ends have Velcro closures. I use mine over the small hose, and leave the last 1-foot by the machine uncovered
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-14-2017, 01:16 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The inexpensive Snugglehose is large enough to fit over the fittings, and the ends have Velcro closures.  I use mine over the small hose, and leave the last 1-foot by the machine uncovered

This wasn't really that expensive ($16 CAD, roughly $12 US), surprisingly cheaper than the short hose covers, which would have been my first choice. I really wanted the zippered version, for ease of putting it on.

I guess I'll just have to modify it a bit, and hopefully it'll be fine.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sometimes modifying is the best way to do it; and it sounds like you've got a good solution.

I just recently bought the Padacheek zippered hose cover, and I'm happy with it. It's a bit heavy... I'm not sure if all covers are. But it is cushy, and I LOVE the zipper feature.
Post Reply Post Reply
I too ordered the Padacheek hose cover and cheek strap covers for the Airfit P10. I can't wait till I get them! Hopefully I can pull it down to be closer to the mask and leave the part closer to the machine uncovered.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2017, 06:01 PM)Marillion Wrote: I too ordered the Padacheek hose cover and cheek strap covers for the Airfit P10.  I can't wait till I get them!  Hopefully I can pull it down to be closer to the mask and leave the part closer to the machine uncovered.

I ordered the 6' one, and it's longer than my hose. So I'm sure it'll work great for what you're wanting.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2017, 06:16 PM)Hydrangea Wrote:
(03-15-2017, 06:01 PM)Marillion Wrote: I too ordered the Padacheek hose cover and cheek strap covers for the Airfit P10.  I can't wait till I get them!  Hopefully I can pull it down to be closer to the mask and leave the part closer to the machine uncovered.

I ordered the 6' one, and it's longer than my hose. So I'm sure it'll work great for what you're wanting.

Thanks!!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-15-2017, 05:54 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: Sometimes modifying is the best way to do it; and it sounds like you've got a good solution.

I just recently bought the Padacheek zippered hose cover, and I'm happy with it.  It's a bit heavy... I'm not sure if all covers are. But it is cushy, and I LOVE the zipper feature.

That Pad a Cheek cover looks very comfortable and wide enough to accommodate any hose with all the fittings, but I wasn't too excited about the price.

I did make a cut, actually a small hole, in my new ResMed cover, just big enough to fit the junction between the main heated hose and the P10 hose. So now I can pull the zipper all the way. Ruined the looks of the hose cover a bit, but at least now it serves its full purpose.

Just like you said, the cover definitely adds some weight and a little bit of extra pull on the P10 mask, but the mask stays in place, at least for now (my headgear bands are still strong enough).
Post Reply Post Reply
Good to know. And I'm glad it's working for you. 

Yes - the Padacheek hose cover is much wider than the hose needs, so it has extra fabric/weight.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a reminder, if you are using a heated hose on automatic, the sensor is on the end closest to your mask. If you have a hose cover over that (or your blanket), it will get wrong signals potentially resulting in rainout.  I use a Slimline hose in the summertime, so will have to get that hose to cozy right up to the mask then!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 230 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 581 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 639 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Anyone Ever Had Insurance Cover Nightly Oximeter cmpman1974 35 2,867 12-12-2023, 04:11 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.