Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Hose Length?
ResMed Hose Length?
I started using the 6' hose but could not reach the toilet at night. I got a 10' hose. Someone told me that the extra length hose required a different pressure setting. My AHI has been really low with 12 cm H2O pressure setting. Is there any truth to this about the hose length and pressure? Regards, Bob.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Hose Length?
I've used a 10 foot hose for several years and no one has ever told me I have to adjust my pressure. I would like to find a 10' climate controlled hose to use with my S9, but so far ResMed has not heard my plea.

I do not understand your comment about not being able to reach the toilet with a 6' hose. You are supposed to remove the mask, get out of bed, use the toilet, wash your hands, get back in bed and put the mask back on. I doubt any of us has ever tried to keep the mask on and connected to the machine while using the bathroom.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm too much of a klutz to manage it!

As to the pressure, no, there's no change necessary. Might have been for some of the older machines.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2012, 11:44 PM)PollCat Wrote: I've used a 10 foot hose for several years and no one has ever told me I have to adjust my pressure.

I do not understand your comment about not being able to reach the toilet with a 6' hose. You are supposed to remove the mask, get out of bed, use the toilet, wash your hands, get back in bed and put the mask back on. I doubt any of us has ever tried to keep the mask on and connected to the machine while using the bathroom.

Thanks. Sorry but your comments are not valid in my case. I can get up, leave the mask on and get to the toilet to urinate, wash my hands, dry them and get back in bed with no trouble with a 10' hose. My mask maintains a good seal. My AHI's are very low. It's too hard to remove the mask and get it back on right while I am sleepy. Regards, Bob.

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't remove my mask but I do release the elbow from the mask so I don't need to drag a hose along with me
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2012, 12:41 AM)Allen Wrote: I don't remove my mask but I do release the elbow from the mask so I don't need to drag a hose along with me

Thanks. Never thought of that idea. Regards, Bob.

Post Reply Post Reply
My hose is 22mm thinking of swapping out to a 15mm less weight less pull on the mask

there is a setting in the machines setup to let it know you did this
not sure if it compensates for a smaller Tubing
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2012, 11:57 PM)BobF Wrote: It's too hard to remove the mask and get it back on right while I am sleepy. Regards, Bob.
you've to make sure not to drag the machine with you and pull it off the table
you don,t want any water spill from the humidifier to the machine otherwise it would be an expensive leak Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2012, 04:23 PM)zonk Wrote:
(11-01-2012, 11:57 PM)BobF Wrote: It's too hard to remove the mask and get it back on right while I am sleepy. Regards, Bob.
you've to make sure not to drag the machine with you and pull it off the table
you don,t want any water spill from the humidifier to the machine otherwise it would be an expensive leak Too-funny

You are right. It is a possibility. With the ten foot hose there is enough slack plus I am real careful. I've had it for 4 months and never have had a problem but there is always that possibility. Regards, Bob.

Post Reply Post Reply
When my mom was alive, she used to have such an awful time putting her mask and chinstrap on and taking it off so rather than having to struggle with straightening it out when she got back into bed, she just disconnected it from her hose when she had to use the bathroom,and when she needed to get a sip of water, she used a cup with a straw in it and that's how she managed.
I don't have any trouble with putting my mask back on each time, so I take it off when I need to get up.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 235 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 577 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,288 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Airsense 11 Heated Hose MJLeveille 3 638 12-12-2023, 05:18 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Top Hose vs. Bottom Hose Jose Castro 19 1,553 11-03-2023, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Jose Castro

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.