Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Liberty and a Full Night of Sleep
ResMed Liberty and a Full Night of Sleep
Hi:

I have been struggling with trying to use my CPAP since 1/14. I started with a nasal pillow set up, but I am a mouth breather. I could not handle a chin strap. I was then trying to use a Quattro and the most I could get was a couple of hours of sleep before I would wake up and feel like I was trapped/suffocating from the mask and I would rip it off. When I used CPAP at 14, I would feel pressure in the sinus cavity under my eyes. When I used the Auto function, that would help with the feeling of pressure. After my sleep study, I was prescribed CPAP at 14.

Well, last night I received a ResMed Liberty. I used it last night at the CPAP 14 setting and I had a great full night sleep from 12 am to 7am. I did need to use an OTC sleeping pill to help me get to sleep, but I think eventually I won't even need that.

My mouth was a little dry when I woke up even though I had the humidifier set to 5.

I honestly did not think that I would ever get a full night of sleep with CPAP. I hope this continues.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Liberty and a Full Night of Sleep
Welcome to the forum nico08! Congratulations on your full night of sleep. Hopefully, you can get the same results without any sleep aids. Looks like you're fairly new to CPAP and like most of us, looking for the right mask. Some people will find one that works for them right away, others can search long and hard before finding THE mask for them. I hope the Liberty continues to work for you. I tried one when I was first starting out as I liked the form factor of the hybrid type mask since it had a small footprint. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me though as I would develop leaks around the nasal pillows during the night which would wake me up. The Quattro FX has worked great for me and recently I've been using the Quattro Air and like it too. Anyways, good luck!
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi nico08,
It's good to hear that you had a good night sleep with the new mask.
Hopefully the liberty will continue to work well for you.
Sometimes medications can cause dry mouth, so hopefully you won't have to keep using the sleep aids.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-15-2013, 10:54 AM)nico08 Wrote: Hi:

I have been struggling with trying to use my CPAP since 1/14. I started with a nasal pillow set up, but I am a mouth breather. I could not handle a chin strap. I was then trying to use a Quattro and the most I could get was a couple of hours of sleep before I would wake up and feel like I was trapped/suffocating from the mask and I would rip it off. When I used CPAP at 14, I would feel pressure in the sinus cavity under my eyes. When I used the Auto function, that would help with the feeling of pressure. After my sleep study, I was prescribed CPAP at 14.

Well, last night I received a ResMed Liberty. I used it last night at the CPAP 14 setting and I had a great full night sleep from 12 am to 7am. I did need to use an OTC sleeping pill to help me get to sleep, but I think eventually I won't even need that.

My mouth was a little dry when I woke up even though I had the humidifier set to 5.

I honestly did not think that I would ever get a full night of sleep with CPAP. I hope this continues.

omgosh!! that sounds so promising!! I am waiting for that face mask to get to me as that is what I wanted to try rather than a full face mask (Quattro fx). Are you a side or back sleeper or a combination?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 8 180 03-25-2024, 11:16 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 62 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 513 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,581 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 206 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.