Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Homemade FFM liner? Fleece? Please help. Face messed up.
Sad 
Homemade FFM liner? Fleece? Please help. Face messed up.
I have Pad-a-Cheek liners, but they aren't so effective for keeping the dents in my face down from my F&P Simplus. I'm on ASV, so the pressure can get kind of high sometimes. I awaken with deep ridges in my face, and if I loosen the mask, I get a lot of leaks. Have begged DME to help; no help.

Has anyone here had success with making a homemade liner out of fleece? I tried one made by someone else; bought it online, but it made the mask leak, but... it did not go all the way around the mask, just halfway.

Please help. My face is getting mangled. It is ruining my appearance, and it's adding to my already existing anxiety issues.

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Homemade FFM liner? Fleece? Please help. Face messed up.
Sounds like you might need to try several different masks if you haven't already.

Another trick is cleaning your face and mask seal with alcohol or wet-ones.
Let the mask dry for a few minutes and then coat it from an Elmers (non-toxic) glue stick.
Loosen up your straps and stick it on your face, then run a mask/pressure test on it.
Slowly tighten the straps in an orderly fashion until the leak stops.
It should be just sitting on your face then with very little seal pressure against your skin.
If it still doesn't hold pressure then
you need to try a different mask design.

Best of luck!
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Allergic to glue. Sad
Can you stomach or side sleep with the fitlife?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-13-2015, 04:48 PM)JVinNE Wrote: Allergic to glue. Sad
Can you stomach or side sleep with the fitlife?

Yes you can side sleep easily in a Fitllife.
But I doubt your leaks will be any better.
I have both and have used both alot.

The fitlife wont mark your face any less just in different places. It wont handle high pressue any better than a simplus either.
I like the Fitlife for specific situations where i cant have any thing touching my nose and it is comfortable.
I like the Simplus a bit better .
My usual mask is the Eason
My pressues in ffm get pretty high as well .
Nasal mask max is about 6 cm lower.
You might try nasal and chin strap with boil and bite mouth guard if mouth leaking is a problem
Post Reply Post Reply
With your max pressure at 13, the mask should hold. Mine is 20 and the Remzz liners work fine most nights.

You can't do it with fleece. It is too thick. You need a thin, thin, super thin old tee shirt or other cotton material. Like an old comfy hanky maybe.

But, seriously, try another mask. I know you probably have but if you are having to crank the Simplus down that tight? It isn't the mask for you. While the Simplus is not one of those "needs to float on your face" FFMs, it does like to be lightly held on. It also is best sitting low on the face, with the bottom of it well below the bottom lip. At least that is how it fits best on me. I can go weeks and have little to no leaks then suddenly have a week where I cannot stop the leaking. Then, suddenly, it is fine again. I have no idea what I do differently.

Wash the pillow well and let air dry. Wash your face well just prior to bed. If you try the liners again, make sure you get the right size and the right one for your mask. Meaning get the one for the Simplus in your size. I accidentally got the one for the Simplus medium (I use small) and it didn't work.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-13-2015, 11:10 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: With your max pressure at 13, the mask should hold. Mine is 20 and the Remzz liners work fine most nights.

You can't do it with fleece. It is too thick. You need a thin, thin, super thin old tee shirt or other cotton material. Like an old comfy hanky maybe.

But, seriously, try another mask. I know you probably have but if you are having to crank the Simplus down that tight? It isn't the mask for you. While the Simplus is not one of those "needs to float on your face" FFMs, it does like to be lightly held on. It also is best sitting low on the face, with the bottom of it well below the bottom lip. At least that is how it fits best on me. I can go weeks and have little to no leaks then suddenly have a week where I cannot stop the leaking. Then, suddenly, it is fine again. I have no idea what I do differently.

Wash the pillow well and let air dry. Wash your face well just prior to bed. If you try the liners again, make sure you get the right size and the right one for your mask. Meaning get the one for the Simplus in your size. I accidentally got the one for the Simplus medium (I use small) and it didn't work.

Agree with Paula. At max 13 you shouldnt be having leak problems or having to cinch a Simplus down. My pressure runs much higher.
Im guessing you either have a size to large cushion or your wearing the mask too high on your nose.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 518 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 398 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 595 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 169 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie
  Low o2 with full face mask Eabhainn 2 264 02-09-2024, 10:43 AM
Last Post: ItsComplicated
  Full face mask tightness pushing jaw back and leaks wickedsleepy 11 746 02-07-2024, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.