Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Magellan Clinician Mode?
Wow, that's a... unique machine. If you are wanting to do this on your own, you got one that is going to make that difficult if not impossible. From what I can gather, it needs a proprietary device to get the data from it. The MAPData or the Twister Remote. Then you need the software. From some of the reading, it almost sounds like a CPAP device used in sleep centers in Europe.

There are several online suppliers that ship internationally. In our Suppliers List (link at top of every page), Supplier #2 (sells used and new machines) and #10 ship from the US to Europe.

You would do best to get an autoPAP so you can titrate yourself. But that's something to discuss in another thread.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Paula
>>it almost sounds like a CPAP device<<
it is an APAP.
With the help of this board I managed to open the setup mode. Switched from CPAP to APAP.
Last night I tried it first time. It will take a while to become used to a mask.

>>The MAPData or the Twister Remote.<<
Yes - it looks like I would need this extra devices.
I will try to log the pressure data with a differential pressure gauge – I have souch device for my job. It loggs the data via usb to notebook.
I do steps forward – that´s fine.
The noise of the Magellan is very low.
beat regards
Bernd
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information [CPAP] New Clinician Manuals NOW AVAILABLE SuperSleeper 46 40,645 08-29-2017, 01:20 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [Admin Note] WANTED: CLINICIAN SETUP MANUAL for 60-series PR System One REMstar Plus w/ C-Flex SuperSleeper 4 300 08-27-2017, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Galactus
  What is " Auto CPAP mode"? mraroid 6 304 07-26-2017, 11:10 AM
Last Post: mraroid
  [Equipment] PR System One AUTO 750P going into service mode (no access to set up) mraroid 33 856 07-24-2017, 02:25 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] Deemed Airstart 10 AutoPAP clinician manual Ace33018 5 659 06-03-2017, 03:36 PM
Last Post: bonjour
Ohmy PR REMSTAR Auto - how to mask test in Cpap mode? alo10 3 313 05-25-2017, 06:26 PM
Last Post: alo10
  Airmini Clinician Menu (iPhone) C0mbe 0 1,279 05-17-2017, 09:31 PM
Last Post: C0mbe