Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Mirage Vista
ResMed Mirage Vista
I'm thinking about getting a ResMed Mirage Vista. Most of the reviews are favorable, and the few that aren't can be discounted. Does anyone here have one of these masks and, if so, are there any caveats?

This will be my fourth mask in my seemingly perpetual search for a mask that doesn't put things in front of my eyes and yet does not leak. I have tried Swift FX, Swift LT and FlexFit 407.

I am concerned about sizing, since I will have to order it online. It comes in "standard" and "deep," but the supplier web sites don't define either. I can't order it from a local DME because none of them carry it. In fact, none have more than half a dozen masks.

Comments, observations and suggestions welcome. :grin:
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Mirage Vista
LOL Only your fourth mask? Just teasing. It seems as though some of us struggle to find the right mask.

Found the mask on Resmed's website. You can download the manual.
http://www.resmed.com/us/products/mirage...c=patients
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-09-2012, 06:00 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Found the mask on Resmed's website. You can download the manual.
http://www.resmed.com/us/products/mirage...c=patients

Thanks. It didn't occur to me to go there because I was so preoccupied with finding user reviews.

Once I got there I noticed that the Fitting Guide and the Fitting Template are the same PDF file, and it doesn't really help anyway. And the User Manual doesn't say anything about the difference between "Deep" and "Standard." At least I did finally figure out that the difference is just the cushion; the rest of the parts are the same. And you can get a replacement cushion for $31. I don't know why the factory doesn't just include both cushions. It's only two bits worth of plastic, after all.

Oh well. They can't ship until Monday anyway, so I'll call one of the providers Monday morning and see if they can tell me which to order.
Post Reply Post Reply
I called Supplier #1 today to order the Mirage Vista. They were no help with the fitting issue. I tried to make sense of the fitting guide from ResMed, but it still confuses me. I also called ResMed, and all they could say was that I needed to buy it from a brick and mortar DME where it could be "professionally sized."

I finally gave up on the size issue and decided that I have a pretty standard nose, so I should just order the standard size. It will ship tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
Vista was one of a bunch that I bought on my own while I was starting out....I had such high hopes for it, but I couldn't get it to not leak against my face. Apparently not designed my the kind of nose I have.

Though I buy the Vista tube now and then as an extension to other masks....

The Dreamer
You may be a dreamer, but I'm The Dreamer, the definite article you might say!
Post Reply Post Reply
Gross 
The Resmed Mirage Vista arrived yesterday, one day ahead of schedule (thank you Supplier #1). Last night was my first night with it. I went to bed full of high hopes that I would finally have a mask that would solve my leak problems.

Indeed, I had the lowest leak rate ever, in fact, practically no leaks at all. But I had by far the worst AHI since starting CPAP therapy - 8.63. My previous high was 6.74, and my average is about 3. Out of three months of usage I have had only four nights over 5. Here is a screenshot of last night from Sleepyhead:

[attachment=212]

I'll try again tonight, but I don't get it. In the past I have used an Opus 360, Swift FX, Swift FX Bella, Swift LT and Flexfit 407. In each case there seems to be a correlation between leak rate and AHI; the higher the leak rate for any given night the higher the AHI tends to be. That is why I wanted the Mirage Vista, in hopes of eliminating leaks. Well, it worked for the leaks, but the AHI went through the roof. WTH?
Post Reply Post Reply
Not as bad the second night with the Mirage Vista, but still bad - AHI 6.59. I loosened the back strap a tiny bit, resulting in a slightyly higher leak rate. It seems to be following the pattern of lower leaks resulting in higher AHI, which still makes no sense to me. Huh

I'll keep trying, but at this rate it looks like the Mirage Vista was a bad idea. Sad
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mirage FX Vs Eson 2 mask jblkiller 0 470 07-27-2023, 10:04 AM
Last Post: jblkiller
  Mirage Quattro Question Jimnyc2000 0 477 07-03-2023, 09:59 PM
Last Post: Jimnyc2000
  Mirage FX mask: Wide or Standard HappyCpappySmile 0 558 08-24-2022, 11:38 PM
Last Post: HappyCpappySmile
  [Equipment] Thinking about trying Mirage Liberty kingpin 5 1,032 06-13-2022, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Willy
Surprised Mirage Quatro Cushion cleaning Redorchid2404 7 869 04-12-2022, 06:52 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] ResMed Mirage Liberty hybrid mask leaking prob. boondockbob 2 874 03-31-2022, 07:07 PM
Last Post: mecutl3r
  [CPAP] Mirage Activa LT mask discontinued. Xeraphax 6 2,766 02-09-2022, 12:51 AM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.