Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Most recent: Wisp, Pilairo, Mirage Vista
Humidifier: ResMed S9 Autoset
CPAP Pressure: 17-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

ResMed Mirage Vista
I'm thinking about getting a ResMed Mirage Vista. Most of the reviews are favorable, and the few that aren't can be discounted. Does anyone here have one of these masks and, if so, are there any caveats?

This will be my fourth mask in my seemingly perpetual search for a mask that doesn't put things in front of my eyes and yet does not leak. I have tried Swift FX, Swift LT and FlexFit 407.

I am concerned about sizing, since I will have to order it online. It comes in "standard" and "deep," but the supplier web sites don't define either. I can't order it from a local DME because none of them carry it. In fact, none have more than half a dozen masks.

Comments, observations and suggestions welcome. :grin:
06-09-2012 05:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
PaulaO2 Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 14-20

Other Comments: Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Hypermobility Type; chronic sarcasm

Sex: Undisclosed

RE: ResMed Mirage Vista
LOL Only your fourth mask? Just teasing. It seems as though some of us struggle to find the right mask.

Found the mask on Resmed's website. You can download the manual.
http://www.resmed.com/us/products/mirage...c=patients

PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
06-09-2012 06:00 PM
JJJ Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset

Other Comments:

(06-09-2012 06:00 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote:  Found the mask on Resmed's website. You can download the manual.
http://www.resmed.com/us/products/mirage...c=patients

Thanks. It didn't occur to me to go there because I was so preoccupied with finding user reviews.

Once I got there I noticed that the Fitting Guide and the Fitting Template are the same PDF file, and it doesn't really help anyway. And the User Manual doesn't say anything about the difference between "Deep" and "Standard." At least I did finally figure out that the difference is just the cushion; the rest of the parts are the same. And you can get a replacement cushion for $31. I don't know why the factory doesn't just include both cushions. It's only two bits worth of plastic, after all.

Oh well. They can't ship until Monday anyway, so I'll call one of the providers Monday morning and see if they can tell me which to order.
06-09-2012 07:46 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
JJJ Offline

Advisory Members

Other Comments:

I called Supplier #1 today to order the Mirage Vista. They were no help with the fitting issue. I tried to make sense of the fitting guide from ResMed, but it still confuses me. I also called ResMed, and all they could say was that I needed to buy it from a brick and mortar DME where it could be "professionally sized."

I finally gave up on the size issue and decided that I have a pretty standard nose, so I should just order the standard size. It will ship tomorrow.
06-11-2012 06:42 PM
TheDreamer Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: Intellipap Auto
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: RespCare Bravo II
Humidifier: F&P HC150
CPAP Pressure: 7.5-15
CPAP Software: EncoreViewer Other Software

Other Comments: RLS, Essential Tremor, Narcolepsy/Cataplexy

Vista was one of a bunch that I bought on my own while I was starting out....I had such high hopes for it, but I couldn't get it to not leak against my face. Apparently not designed my the kind of nose I have.

Though I buy the Vista tube now and then as an extension to other masks....

The Dreamer

You may be a dreamer, but I'm The Dreamer, the definite article you might say!
06-11-2012 08:29 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
JJJ Offline

Advisory Members

Other Comments:

Gross RE: ResMed Mirage Vista
The Resmed Mirage Vista arrived yesterday, one day ahead of schedule (thank you Supplier #1). Last night was my first night with it. I went to bed full of high hopes that I would finally have a mask that would solve my leak problems.

Indeed, I had the lowest leak rate ever, in fact, practically no leaks at all. But I had by far the worst AHI since starting CPAP therapy - 8.63. My previous high was 6.74, and my average is about 3. Out of three months of usage I have had only four nights over 5. Here is a screenshot of last night from Sleepyhead:

[attachment=212]

I'll try again tonight, but I don't get it. In the past I have used an Opus 360, Swift FX, Swift FX Bella, Swift LT and Flexfit 407. In each case there seems to be a correlation between leak rate and AHI; the higher the leak rate for any given night the higher the AHI tends to be. That is why I wanted the Mirage Vista, in hopes of eliminating leaks. Well, it worked for the leaks, but the AHI went through the roof. WTH?
06-15-2012 09:49 AM
JJJ Offline

Advisory Members

Other Comments:

Not as bad the second night with the Mirage Vista, but still bad - AHI 6.59. I loosened the back strap a tiny bit, resulting in a slightyly higher leak rate. It seems to be following the pattern of lower leaks resulting in higher AHI, which still makes no sense to me. Huh

I'll keep trying, but at this rate it looks like the Mirage Vista was a bad idea. Sad
06-16-2012 12:49 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Sores on the nasal bridge from Resmed Mirage Quattro full face mask PaytonA 22 1,109 08-07-2016 10:56 PM
Last Post: Ghost1958
  ResMed Mirage Quattro mask cleaning nadprok 3 374 07-21-2016 03:21 PM
Last Post: nadprok
  Mirage Quattro vs AirFit F10 Size Stargazer 11 2,033 04-23-2016 01:49 PM
Last Post: Ed1101
Question [Treatment] A10 ffm vs Mirage Quattro ffm vs P10 SleepMeister007 8 502 04-20-2016 07:56 PM
Last Post: sdb7802
  Mirage Quattro issues Inky1 10 968 02-23-2016 05:41 PM
Last Post: surferdude2
  questions on Activa Mirage and Activa Mirage LT masks ts098 3 526 01-19-2016 09:45 AM
Last Post: ts098
  [Equipment] Resmed Mirage FX mask - how should the vents look? Transistor 5 786 12-03-2015 05:46 PM
Last Post: Transistor