Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed MyAir Email Notification with PhantomJS
ResMed MyAir Email Notification with PhantomJS
As we all know, MyAir does not provide comprehensive sleep results by giving only the snapshot of previous day events.

Nonetheless, it’s a basic guide to take action if necessary.

To my amazement, MyAir does not have email notification functionality for the results. Also, 2 weeks of history is only made available. - Not sure if ResMed had the “end user” in mind with their portal design.

So, I created an automated PhantomJS script to login, open score details, take a screenshot and download the data. In addition, bash scripts to email last night’s results. – Some say (wife) I’m lazy. “True!”

PhantomJS is a headless WebKit (browser) scriptable with a JavaScript API. It has fast and native support for various web standards.

Download from here: h**p://phantomjs.org/download.html

Script is based on “login Amazon using PhantomJS” by Amir Duran.

Installation:

Option 1 – No email support – Windows and Linux environment

1. Install PhantomJS and check if its working by using the examples in the folder
2. Download the script resmedloginv2.js from here: h**ps://www.dropbox.com/s/s3bz0m0egd2t2a0/resmedloginv2.js?dl=0
3. Update email address and password for your ResMed MyAir login on line 60 and 61
4. If required, update download file location directory on line 89 and 102 – a must for Windows users
5. Run with: phantomjs --ignore-ssl-errors=true --ssl-protocol=any resmedloginv2.js
6. That’s it, open the downloaded files resmedmyair.html and resmedmyair.png

Option 2 – Email support – Linux environment only

1. Install PhantomJS and check if its working by using the examples in the folder
2. Ensure you have the necessary commands installed with which: i.e.: which sed \ which grep \ which mutt
3. Create directory /opt/resmed/
4. Change to newly created directory and download the archive: h**ps://www.dropbox.com/s/sjwchz74lrq42ao/resmed.zip?dl=0
5. Unzip the archive
6. Script resmedloginv2.js - update email address and password for your ResMed MyAir login on line 60 and 61
7. Script resmed.sh – update to your email address and someone else on line 16 and 17 – don’t use the same for both. mutt might not work.
8. Run with: /opt/resmed/./resmed.sh
9. Expect the email to arrive shortly

Backup of the html (data) and png file can be found in: /opt/resmed/resmedmyair-DATESTAMP
Script resmed.sh is designed to output the email result to the database file: /tmp/resmedmyairdb.txt and check each time if email has already been send. After all, we don’t won’t to lock the account by interrogating the ResMed server.

The lazy step – cron it!
I have cron run resmed.sh every 15mins between 7am and 2pm.
# cat /etc/crontab
# ResMed MyAir Login
*/15 7-14 * * * root /opt/resmed/./resmed.sh >/dev/null 2>&1

For Windows users that would like email notification, I guess it’s possible by tweaking scripts resmedscores.sh and resmed.sh into batch files. You need to install commands like; sed, grep for Windows to strip the results from the html (data) file. Having said that, I have found sed does behave differently across versions so be prepared for sleepless nights Smile. As for sending the email, consider vbs that utilises SMTP.

Hope someone finds the post useful and of some benefit.

Cheers and happy sleeping.

Ps: If post does not meet the forum guidelines or posted incorrectly, do remove or move accordantly.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Myair data accurate? dbinTO 2 192 03-11-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Field map Oscar report fields to MyAir fields jim62 1 162 03-06-2024, 07:38 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  MyAir: What does score_detail_score_components_usage_score mean? tottbjorn 2 663 06-06-2023, 08:36 AM
Last Post: tottbjorn
  MyAir App? Quarky68 1 942 06-07-2022, 07:17 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  MyAir Recording Mask Off Events a.paul 2 956 05-15-2022, 09:57 AM
Last Post: a.paul
  MyAir - download .cs . to creat spreadsheet. Expat31 11 2,061 02-13-2022, 01:10 PM
Last Post: SleepyCPAP
Question OSCAR Showing Different Usage Hours than MyAir BunHead 2 827 01-22-2022, 11:06 AM
Last Post: BunHead

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.