Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Narval CC dental appliance and extreme dry mouth
ResMed Narval CC dental appliance and extreme dry mouth
I have been using this dental appliance now for a couple months or so, in combination with my bilevel and FF AirTouch mask. I use a chin strap to try and keep mouth closed. After making adjustments to the dental appliance to move my lower jaw further forward, I'm having issues with dry mouth.

I think the pressure of my machine is causing me to open my mouth. The device doesn't allow me to open my mouth very far though. My chin strap doesn't seem to help anymore with keeping my mouth shut at night. I tried tightening my chin strap but in the morning it caused the sides of my mouth and chin to hurt. 

Would I benefit from a nasal mask? Would the direct pressure into my nose keep me from opening my mouth?

My dentist just suggested to use mouth spray that would keep my mouth moist. That doesn't work at all since I must be breathing thru my mouth for hours and it becomes dry.
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure EPAP min 4.4, IPAP 8.4, IPAP Max 18, PS 4.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed Narval CC dental appliance and extreme dry mouth
Try Xylimelts. They slowly dissolve during the night keeping your mouth moist. They stick to the side of your teeth and don't move. I've use them when using my Full face mask.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I use the same combination you do only the F10 and narval under it. Dry mouth is something I have each day since I started therapy 3 years ago. Xylimelts or biotene spray are your best bets.

Where exactly is it dry at the front or at the back, more on the throat?
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-30-2018, 08:46 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Try Xylimelts. They slowly dissolve during the night keeping your mouth moist. They stick to the side of your teeth and don't move. I've use them when using my Full face mask.

Thanks. Will look into them. I use the spray and tried mouth rinse and some special toothpaste. None last more then a couple hours. 

That seems a little dangerous though keeping a xylimelt in your mouth during sleep. Could possibly choke on it.
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure EPAP min 4.4, IPAP 8.4, IPAP Max 18, PS 4.

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-31-2018, 07:24 AM)MyronH Wrote:
(08-30-2018, 08:46 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: Try Xylimelts. They slowly dissolve during the night keeping your mouth moist. They stick to the side of your teeth and don't move. I've use them when using my Full face mask.

Thanks. Will look into them. I use the spray and tried mouth rinse and some special toothpaste. None last more then a couple hours. 

That seems a little dangerous though keeping a xylimelt in your mouth during sleep. Could possibly choke on it.

Nope, its really strong adhesive, like the one you use with fake teeth, i have to scrub it off each morning with my nails, it doesnt come off once its set.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 5 203 2 hours ago
Last Post: Old Codger
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 3 121 8 hours ago
Last Post: stevew168
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 8 133 03-14-2024, 01:15 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 6 455 03-10-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 985 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 730 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM
  Dry mouth even using mouth tape Wcsleep 8 1,101 03-08-2024, 09:37 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.