Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed Noisy (Pnuematic Block) Replacement
RE: ResMed Noisy (Pnuematic Block) Replacement
My noisy machine is actually very low in hours but several years older than the quiet one. Maybe it was subjected to ozone, or maybe there was a design and/or supplier tweak they won’t ‘fess up to. I got it at a good price and it works fine except for the noise.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2020, 08:42 AM)3rdMarDiv Wrote: This is a pic of the tub, on tap water, when I got the machine. A lot of people are referring to this failing pneumatic block as a design issue. Imagine what that pneumatic block went through with regard to abuse.

You can clean the tub but you can't clean inside the machine. Use distilled or purified water.

Coffee

The use of tap water in the humidifier cannot affect the pneumatic block because airflow is the other direction. It is possible there was abuse, such as not using a filter, using ozone or other problems, but the simple fact is that a certain percentage of these failed regardless of care.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure what the pneumatic block is but I assume it's the motor/blower assembly. The parts for these machines are astronomical in price. 

This is probably the $185 pneumatic block:

[Image: Y4rri4L.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the educational information… I stand corrected
My worst night on CPAP is 10X better than my best night without it  Eat-popcorn 
Good night Chesty, wherever you are..Semper Fi
Post Reply Post Reply
I had the same issue last month with my Airsense 10 autoset.  Whistling pitches that varied with inhale/exhale.  I took it completely apart and was able to hear the sound in the motor.  Probably dry or worn out bearing.  No luck trying to buy a motor or even the Pneumatic block assembly.  However I did end up with a company (not on the list) that was willing to take it disassembled and repair it.

I was able to reassemble it and run it before I sent it to them.  The parts and labor estimate was $279.00.  I'm going for it.

I love this Forum.

I am now using OSCAR and have been able monitor both the Airsense 10 and also my old Philips REMstar auto.  Very interesting.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bebmr, feel free to drop the name of the repair facility. The only links not allowed are those that lead to prescription required items, and they can still be named if you don't use a .com suffix or similar URL. I don't think repair facilities fit that description unless they also sell CPAPs.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I was looking for a replacement motor for my Airsense 10, the first place I contacted was Altra Service Professionals, Inc. in Ocala, FL.  The person was very helpful.  She said that they would not sell machine parts, but that they could repair it.  Since I had already disassembled it, I asked if they would receive it disassembled.  She said they would not, but she referred me to a company what would.  (She subsequently sent an email saying that they would receive it disassembled.)  The company she referred me to is Pitcock Biomedical Inc. in Manchester, TN.  They have been very prompt and professional so far.  They received my machine (reassembled) and I approved the work order Monday.  We'll see how prompt the return is.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the useful information!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,256 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  HDM Z1 Battery Replacement Ephraim 10 1,828 03-17-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: breinersj
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 206 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,127 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can I buy just the Airsense 10 Motor replacement part? JohnReam 29 9,909 02-26-2024, 08:30 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Replacement Cellular Modem DMAllen 18 5,799 02-25-2024, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Neo2020
  [Equipment] BiPAP Replacement Recommendation Prowler 1 265 01-28-2024, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.