Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed P10 nasal pillows and headgear?
ResMed P10 nasal pillows and headgear?
Hi,

Anyone have any suggestions for the headgear on this mask? If feels too tight and the pillows are forcefully squished into nostrils and wrinkling my nasal folds and skin above the folds. I've tried different positions of the straps and it does not seem to impact this.

I'm very claustrophobic, and like the minimalistic style of this mask. I tried the Swift FX but reacted to the plastic on my face, i.e. larger pillow than the P10, and more plastic on the face which creates more heat and more feeling of claustrophobia.

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed P10 nasal pillows and headgear?
Dagmar - I agree with the P10 vs Swift Fx, as for the straps, just stretch them out. I take the strap off the headgear, grab one end between thumb and finger, then wrap it tightly around my hand and let it stretch out for 10 minutes or so. If still too tight, repeat...They will stretch out but be aware that it will constrict again somewhat when/if you wash them.

Hope this helps
Post Reply Post Reply
I think you could snip it and stitch on an elastic bra adjuster. too bad they dont come with that.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW:
I wear a P10 and my head size is 61cm ~ 24inches.
I split the headgear straps completely. One of them goes just under the occipital protuberance (the bump at the back of the head). The other end is pushed all the way front about half an inch away from forehead hairline.
The straps from the pillows go up and rest in the ear creases.

When I wear it like this, the nasal pillows are loose in the nose. They are not snug at all. Then, when I start the machine, the pressure inflates the pillows a bit and they get snug fit.
My 95% leak rate is 1Lpm or less every night. I have been on the same mask and pillows for 170 days now.

I recommend that you wear it loose by following similar steps and evaluate if it is loose enough for you.
PRS1 Auto & Dreamstation Auto w/ P10 and straight pressure of 8cm
Post Reply Post Reply
Or forget that mask and try another. Like the Nuance. Or the Pilaro.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-26-2015, 07:31 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Or forget that mask and try another. Like the Nuance. Or the Pilaro.

Naw... the P10 is such a comfortable mask. If she follows the suggestions from Ash, she'll do just fine.

FWIT... many people have tied the straps around a teddy bear or couch pillow to loosen them up. It works! Many folks complain that the straps stretch out. The remedy for that seems to be to wash in warm water and hang to dry.

Post Reply Post Reply
I agree, the P10 is too tight new. But I find it stretches out pretty fast. Shame, it is the perfect mask for me if it only had adjustable straps.
Mike
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used this mask for more than a year and agree that the minimalist nature and light weight are ideal. Also, the nasal pillows are durable and I have used the same set for more than a year. I get very good therapy with this mask, unmodified, and like it best of the various nasal pillows masks I've tried since I started treatment in 2009.

If the headgear is too small for your head but if the nasal pillows, etc. otherwise fit, one suggestion, if you are a little handy, might be to cut the straps and use velcro to lengthen the straps to make them fit your head. I haven't done anything to modify the headgear, but for me, it is a little loose and I might try some velcro to tighten up the straps.
Post Reply Post Reply
I Believe AshSH has a great answer.

Since I have not made 8 posts, I can not put the link to the P10 user manual. But you can go to Resmed dot Com and get it there...

Some good pictures (#3 shows a really loose fit). The more you spread the top of the head strap, the looser it will fit.

Like AshSH, I wear an XL (7 7/8") cap/hat. The P10 fits just great.

Hope the manual helps.

Dennis
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed AirFit P10 user manual is here:

http://www.resmed.com/us/dam/documents/p...er_eng.pdf
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 23 10,755 03-26-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 316 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 389 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 263 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 394 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 338 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 933 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.