Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed P10 nose pillow - Useful lifespan?
Question 
ResMed P10 nose pillow - Useful lifespan?
I clean my hoses, humidifier tank, headgear and nose pillow weekly, and I don't see the need to replace as often as I read (except for the elastic "headgear" that I buy whenever I see OEM versions heavily discounted).

My question is about the ResMed P10 soft nose pillow.  Are there any telltale signs of when it's fair time to replace the nose pillow?  I look for loss of flexibility or tears.  I want a good seal while not wanting to toss perfectly good equipment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed P10 nose pillow - Useful lifespan?
I've never torn one of the nose pillows, but after a very long time they get a little stiff. Still, I use one for six months or more. And I made my own headgear out of a piece of elastic from a fabric store, to use instead of the junk from Resmed. I never need to buy new mask equipment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2021, 02:31 PM)JJJ Wrote: ...I made my own headgear out of a piece of elastic from a fabric store, to use instead of the junk from Resmed....

I have a 70-year-old Singer sewing machine and I can hem a pair of jeans, but that's about all.  Any method or pattern you can share?  TIA
Post Reply Post Reply
Fred, the N30 headgear also works with the P10 mask. It has an adjustment buckle and I have found it lasts much longer and is more adjustable.

[Image: 31seiu25bCL._AC_.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-09-2021, 11:32 AM)FredH Wrote:
(01-31-2021, 02:31 PM)JJJ Wrote: ...I made my own headgear out of a piece of elastic from a fabric store, to use instead of the junk from Resmed....

I have a 70-year-old Singer sewing machine and I can hem a pair of jeans, but that's about all.  Any method or pattern you can share?  TIA

First, I figured out that the band over the top of the head was useless, so I make just one simple band around the back of the head. The elastic that I use is about 2cm (1.75") wide. I cut a piece log enough to go around the back of my head and fasten to the nosepiece. I cut the old fabric off the nosepiece leaving just the little bit that fastens over the prong. The key is that I dip the ends of my new piece of elastic into some varnish and let it sit until the varnish dries. Then, using a utility knife (or Xacto knife) I cut a slit in the ends of the elastic to create a 'buttonhole,' which I can then wiggle onto the nosepiece.

It takes several attempts to get the length of the elastic right, as well as how to do the rest of the operation. Once I figured out how to do it right for my head I made several at the same time, so when my elastic finally gives up (about six months if you get quality elastic) I have another one ready.

This is the slit in the elastic:

------------------------------
    ----------
---------------------------------
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-09-2021, 03:53 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Fred, the N30 headgear also works with the P10 mask. It has an adjustment buckle and I have found it lasts much longer and is more adjustable.

[Image: 31seiu25bCL._AC_.jpg]

that is brilliant. Wonder if that's why my P10 was leaking so bad. I'll have to try that in the future if i need a temporary while waiting on a replacement.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 155 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,807 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Staph Infection in Nose: Phaleronic 5 193 03-13-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  nasal decongestants helpful with stuffy nose? sleepingbetterinFl 1 149 03-12-2024, 12:23 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,969 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Nasal massage and exercises to help nose breathing sleepingbetterinFl 1 170 03-06-2024, 11:11 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Unable to exhale against nasal pillow pressure? jle323 10 4,857 03-04-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Guerc13

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.