Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed QuietAir™ diffuser vent
ResMed QuietAir™ diffuser vent
Has anyone heard about a new product from resmed called,Resmed Quiet Air Diffuser.   It is suppose to be quieter than the present f20 and the expelled air is suppose to be gently dispersed.  Not sure if it is available yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed QuietAir™ diffuser vent
I think that's just a bit of marketing spin on the F20 elbow / diffuser. eg, this is Resmed's F20 product page, where the QuietAir is mentioned. https://www.resmed.com/au/en/commercial-...h-f20.html
Post Reply Post Reply
Try wearing a P10 at 20cm than switch to the F20 at 20cm. I did this yesterday and the F20 sounded like a Jet was taking off.   Too-funny
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm seeing what DeepBreathing is referring to, and I have to agree. It is referring the elbow that connects to hose to the mask.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been looking for one...no luck.
A man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile, can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy" ~ Pres. John F. Kennedy
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2018, 07:24 AM)Vitamin J Wrote: I've been looking for one...no luck.

Apparently it's becoming available in mask kits for the F20. No confirmation if that inclusion is automatic or if you must ask for it. I'm trying to get one included in my supplies in 2 days. Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My 3 week old F20 has it. You can't feel any air coming out at all...but it does
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2018, 11:19 AM)Snore of Thunder Wrote: My 3 week old F20 has it. You can't feel any air coming out at all...but it does

Thanks for the feedback. I'd be thinking that any area that makes therapy more comfortable is a good thing. Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Unfortunately, I didn't get my F20 through my DME, I bought it new off a forum member. If I could just get that elbow, then i'd be good to go....I really like the F20. I wish they would do this to the N20's elbow...that sucker puts out some air.
A man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile, can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy" ~ Pres. John F. Kennedy
Post Reply Post Reply
i just received a airtouch f20 replacement mask kit (no headgear) on monday from my DME and it still has the old elbow.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 139 35,503 04-12-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Cleaning F20/F30 QuietAir Elbow 70sSanO 13 5,744 04-12-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Magoo905
  What is optimal respiration rate, minute vent, tidal volume, etc? ATeam91 4 497 01-23-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: ATeam91
Idea Tell me how you've Modified your P10 to make it VENT more Hydrangea 47 6,584 01-13-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Sick and need to vent cps22 8 575 01-05-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Minute Vent, Tidal Volume, etc. MrIvanDrago 5 738 11-20-2023, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Jay51
Sad [Treatment] Weird Flow Rate/Minute Vent OK Laptop 0 420 10-28-2023, 12:40 AM
Last Post: OK Laptop

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.