Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed/ResScan
ResMed/ResScan
I downloaded the ResMed/ResScan 5.9 but I cannot do anything.  I was able to put my name in it and that's about all.  Do I need to put my card in from my machine to download and if so will all the details be erased on it afterwards.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed/ResScan
Yes, insert your SD card into your computer and download. There should be no reason for the data to be erased.

You should also download OSCAR. It’s good to compare the data between the two programs.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much OpalRose.  I will do that  The only thing I was worried about was the fact that I am being supervised by others and did not want anything happening to my Card.  Will I have to put in my card everytime or will it get all the information on it and will be able to download right from the computer?
Post Reply Post Reply
You have to put the card in to transfer data to your computer.

Your AutoSet writes data to the SD Card thru the night, and shortly after you complete your session in the morning (you can see an LED blinking near the SD Card) You then remove the SD card from your AutoSet and place it in the Card Reader on your computer. OSCAR will read the card when you let it and after this you can remove the SD Card from the reader. You can now look at the data via OSCAR. Then you must place the card in your AutoSet before you start your next session or you will not record detailed data until you do., then repeat when you want to view new data with OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Jinx.

Quote:will all the details be erased on it afterwards.

They shouldn't be touched - everything should still appear exactly as it was. However, to be on the safe side you should write-protect your card. There is a tiny white plastic sliding tab on the side of the card. Move this to the locked position before inserting in the computer, and make sure to unlock it before putting it back in your machine.

ResScan is OK as software but most of us here prefer to use OSCAR which is a more user-friendly program and which presents the data a lot more clearly than ResScan.
Post Reply Post Reply
For reference:

[Image: SD_memory-lock.jpg]
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-16-2019, 12:53 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Yes, insert your SD card into your computer and download.  There should be no reason for the data to be erased.

You should also download OSCAR.   It’s good to compare the data between the two programs.

Thank you so much for your help.  It worked!!!!

(06-16-2019, 04:29 PM)bonjour Wrote: You have to put the card in to transfer data to your computer.

Your AutoSet writes data to the SD Card thru the night, and shortly after you complete your session in the morning (you can see an LED blinking near the SD Card)  You then remove the SD card from your AutoSet and place it in the Card Reader on your computer.  OSCAR will read the card when you let it and after this you can remove the SD Card from the reader. You can now look at the data via OSCAR.  Then you must place the card in your AutoSet before you start your next session or you will not record detailed data until you do., then repeat when you want to view new data with OSCAR.

Thank you so much!  Finally worked!!!!

(06-16-2019, 08:04 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: G'day Jinx.

Quote:will all the details be erased on it afterwards.

They shouldn't be touched - everything should still appear exactly as it was. However, to be on the safe side you should write-protect your card. There is a tiny white plastic sliding tab on the side of the card. Move this to the locked position before inserting in the computer, and make sure to unlock it before putting it back in your machine.

ResScan is OK as software but most of us here prefer to use OSCAR which is a more user-friendly program and which presents the data a lot more clearly than ResScan.

Thanks a whole bunch!! Oscar is more user-friendly.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 93 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,335 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 179 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 373 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 431 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,622 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  OSCAR and ResScan export to csv notis58 0 609 04-24-2023, 05:45 PM
Last Post: notis58

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.