Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed ResScan 7.0 - Error: Pure virtual function called
ResMed ResScan 7.0 - Error: Pure virtual function called
Due to a computer change I installed ResScan 7.0 on the different computer.  The  installation completed without errors.  I am running Windows 10 Pro, v 22H1
When ResScan is selected to run, the ResScan logo/splash screen displays followed immediately by an error window reading:   " A pure virtual function called.  "  In the border frame of the error window ResScan.exe is identified.  The program itself never opens.   I have tried installing with and without the supplemental drivers offered; but without success - the same error persists.
I have searched the clinician's manual for pertinent installation comments but have found none.   I performed a keyword search of threads but did not find pertinent information.

Is there a fix or a workaround for this error.
OSCAR installs, loads, and runs fine.

Thank you,  Clif  Biz1219@gmail.com

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: ResMed ResScan 7.0 - Error: Pure virtual function called
Read through this short thread for possible solutions:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ion-Called

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed ResScan 7.0 - Error: Pure virtual function called
In the refenced thread Crimson Nape suggested setting up a separate Windows User Account.  That worked!

That is a nuisance and shouldn't be necessary; but it did work and offers a work-around for the problem.   Thanks to Crimson Nape and everyone for your assistance.

Clif aka biz1219
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OSCAR error reading AirSense 10 Data mjholdeman 2 271 03-26-2022, 06:03 PM
Last Post: mjholdeman
  Resscan 7.0 - Cannot login sylvainp 2 360 03-19-2022, 04:43 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  error building OSCAR from source: unknown warning option timpani 20 809 03-11-2022, 12:50 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  spelling error wiki page Cornelius 2 168 03-09-2022, 09:49 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Resscan Pure Virtual Function Called rleondelpin 3 276 02-04-2022, 10:40 AM
Last Post: theokl
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 5 639 01-30-2022, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Helena
Thumbsup [Admin Note] ResScan 7.0 now available! SuperSleeper 49 2,991 01-18-2022, 07:28 PM
Last Post: ScottZZZ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.