Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed ResScan 7.0 - Error: Pure virtual function called
ResMed ResScan 7.0 - Error: Pure virtual function called
Due to a computer change I installed ResScan 7.0 on the different computer.  The  installation completed without errors.  I am running Windows 10 Pro, v 22H1
When ResScan is selected to run, the ResScan logo/splash screen displays followed immediately by an error window reading:   " A pure virtual function called.  "  In the border frame of the error window ResScan.exe is identified.  The program itself never opens.   I have tried installing with and without the supplemental drivers offered; but without success - the same error persists.
I have searched the clinician's manual for pertinent installation comments but have found none.   I performed a keyword search of threads but did not find pertinent information.

Is there a fix or a workaround for this error.
OSCAR installs, loads, and runs fine.

Thank you,  Clif  Biz1219@gmail.com

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed ResScan 7.0 - Error: Pure virtual function called
Read through this short thread for possible solutions:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ion-Called

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed ResScan 7.0 - Error: Pure virtual function called
In the refenced thread Crimson Nape suggested setting up a separate Windows User Account.  That worked!

That is a nuisance and shouldn't be necessary; but it did work and offers a work-around for the problem.   Thanks to Crimson Nape and everyone for your assistance.

Clif aka biz1219
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResScan 7 help! [password issues] DakotaNorth 2 95 03-26-2024, 12:42 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 108 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  Cannot import data from ResMed Astral 150 to ResScan or OSCAR BreatheEZ 8 2,338 03-16-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Does ResScan delete detailed logs/records from the SD card after downloading them? Determinism 5 180 03-15-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  ResScan 7.1 nawolfor 2 375 02-26-2024, 10:29 PM
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 436 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Thumbsup ResScan 7.0 now available! [old version] SuperSleeper 54 17,633 12-30-2023, 07:44 PM
Last Post: jocemar

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.