Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S-9 Humidifier Water Usage
ResMed S-9 Humidifier Water Usage
[/size][size=medium]Howdy,
I have a new Resmed S-9 with Humidification. Every evening I fill the water reservoir with distilled water to the full mark .

Regardless of the temperature I set it to ( Usually about 80 ) the
reservoir only lasts about 7 hours . Does this time frame sound accurate or should the water for humidification last longer?.

I would appreciate your input.
Prairie
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S-9 Humidifier Water Usage
Thats it I have the same problem I now keep a small bottle of distilled water by the machine and add some water early morning as it seems when the water runs out there is a different smell kind of like electric heat that wakes me up. also try taking the humidifier off auto
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2013, 01:19 PM)Prairie Wrote: [/size][size=medium]Howdy,
I have a new Resmed S-9 with Humidification. Every evening I fill the water reservoir with distilled water to the full mark .

Regardless of the temperature I set it to ( Usually about 80 ) the
reservoir only lasts about 7 hours . Does this time frame sound accurate or should the water for humidification last longer?.

Prairie

Hello Prairie,

I live just up the road from you in Las Vegas (similar humidity level) and I'm experiencing the same water consumption that you are. I'm only sleeping about 7 hours so it's not an issue with me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Prairie,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Maybe if you put your humidifier on auto, that will help.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi tonywesglen,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2013, 01:19 PM)Prairie Wrote: Regardless of the temperature I set it to ( Usually about 80 ) the

Prairie
I fill the tank about 3/4 mark and uses less than half of water
Temp set at 28C (82F)

Whats is your leak rate? ... Leaks uses more water
Escape air thru mouth uses up more water

Post Reply Post Reply
How much water is used depends on the humidity in the air of the room. A dry room (like in the winter) will cause the machine to use more water. In a humid summer, it will use less or none at all.

If it is using too much, try turning the humidity level down to see if that still provides enough moisture for you. And, as others have said, putting it on Auto mode helps, too.

But I don't think Auto is there unless you have the Climate Line hooked up?

I live in the US South. In the winter, I have it at about 70-80F, depending on how much heat we are requiring (wood pellet stove). In the summer, I don't use any heat at all (on the humdifier) but use it in "passover mode" (water in tank but heat is off) as it is humid enough here.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks to every-one who helped me with a fine answer, that has helped myself greatly understand what and how Humidity works with the ResMed S-9 .
Thank you,
Prairie
Post Reply Post Reply
Indeed, I had to modify my set up so I have long range tanks now.
I only use about 1/2 a tank of water now for 7-8 hrs.

Humidifier is F&P HC150 in addition to a Hybernite heated hose.
This works fairly well and can go the distance if I decide to sleep in on weekends!

=^.~=

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I also have the s9 Autoset with climate line hose.
I seldom use more than half a tank.
I use reverse osmosis water so I don't have to worry about bottles or running out of water. After two and a half years I just got a replacement tank when I switched insurance companies, but the old one was still working and looking just fine.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 97 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 93 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,816 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,376 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 906 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 185 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 772 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.