Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S+ Followup
Still not complete figuring out how well the ResMed S+ (non-contact sleep monitoring device) works. I need to figure out how to do some controlled testing, after I figure out how to keep my AHI below 5 - Smile

But, after a month and a half of use:

I see about a 95% correlation between Apnea events and waking events on the S+. Meaning, a waking event on the S+ normally will be related to a Apnea event in SH, but not all Apnea events in SH cause me to waken, according to the S+

I see about a 90% correlation between "bursts" of Apnea events recorded in my Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset and REM sleep recorded in the S+. Meaning when I see a REM period on the S+ I will see a burst of several to many Apnea events in SH. But, not all bursts in SH are related to REM periods in S+.

I see about a 80% correlation between waking events where I am "groggy" and deep sleep recorded by S+. This one is hard, since I am groggy and often don't think to record it - Smile But 4 out of 5 times that I do it will match up.

I see some correlation between "Deep Sleep" and mouth breathing when using my P10 nasal pillows.

I see some correlation between the S+ rating of my "sleep quality" and my AHI... but my AHI is still to high to be considered treated, so I don't worry about this yet.

So, I guess I would say if you like to geek out on this stuff, the S+ is a reasonable price for something that appears to at least partially work which is not bad for most consumer products.

Price for the Resmed S+ is ranging from $80 Prime (free delivery) on Amazon to $65 at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you using Student-T or Gaussian Statistics? oldman
[Image: TGgs30I.jpg]
"Since this country was founded, each generation of Americans has been summoned to give testimony to its national loyalty. The graves of young Americans who answered the call to service surround the globe."  JFK Jan 20, 1961
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2016, 09:04 AM)justMongo Wrote: Are you using Student-T or Gaussian Statistics? oldman

Actually, Student -T, but I do keep my finger on the scale Smile

(I would post my spreadsheets but people would make fun of me Smile )
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Doctor followup on Compliance FrankNichols 20 1,767 05-08-2016, 06:03 PM
Last Post: 0rangebear
  Dr. Visit tomorrow for followup to sleep study SailingAway 15 2,981 02-13-2015, 03:17 PM
Last Post: SailingAway
  Diagnosis and followup DeepBreathing 5 1,781 10-12-2013, 11:16 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  1st Followup Appointment USKiwi 4 1,804 02-01-2013, 03:57 PM
Last Post: zonk