Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S+ Followup
ResMed S+ Followup
Still not complete figuring out how well the ResMed S+ (non-contact sleep monitoring device) works. I need to figure out how to do some controlled testing, after I figure out how to keep my AHI below 5 - Smile

But, after a month and a half of use:

I see about a 95% correlation between Apnea events and waking events on the S+. Meaning, a waking event on the S+ normally will be related to a Apnea event in SH, but not all Apnea events in SH cause me to waken, according to the S+

I see about a 90% correlation between "bursts" of Apnea events recorded in my Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset and REM sleep recorded in the S+. Meaning when I see a REM period on the S+ I will see a burst of several to many Apnea events in SH. But, not all bursts in SH are related to REM periods in S+.

I see about a 80% correlation between waking events where I am "groggy" and deep sleep recorded by S+. This one is hard, since I am groggy and often don't think to record it - Smile But 4 out of 5 times that I do it will match up.

I see some correlation between "Deep Sleep" and mouth breathing when using my P10 nasal pillows.

I see some correlation between the S+ rating of my "sleep quality" and my AHI... but my AHI is still to high to be considered treated, so I don't worry about this yet.

So, I guess I would say if you like to geek out on this stuff, the S+ is a reasonable price for something that appears to at least partially work which is not bad for most consumer products.

Price for the Resmed S+ is ranging from $80 Prime (free delivery) on Amazon to $65 at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S+ Followup
Are you using Student-T or Gaussian Statistics? oldman
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S+ Followup
(05-26-2016, 09:04 AM)justMongo Wrote: Are you using Student-T or Gaussian Statistics? oldman

Actually, Student -T, but I do keep my finger on the scale Smile

(I would post my spreadsheets but people would make fun of me Smile )
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Data [with followup data] trickyneedsleep 26 4,149 06-12-2018, 08:28 PM
Last Post: trickyneedsleep
  Followup on AirCurve 10 ASV steve823 3 1,359 06-16-2017, 10:20 PM
Last Post: steve823
  Doctor followup on Compliance FrankNichols 20 4,345 05-08-2016, 06:03 PM
Last Post: 0rangebear
  Dr. Visit tomorrow for followup to sleep study SailingAway 15 5,333 02-13-2015, 03:17 PM
Last Post: SailingAway
  Diagnosis and followup DeepBreathing 5 2,753 10-12-2013, 11:16 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  1st Followup Appointment USKiwi 4 2,986 02-01-2013, 03:57 PM
Last Post: zonk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.