Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S/N check...
ResMed S/N check...
I was just curious to check my ResMed A10's S/N, made in Singapore, at this site:

https://app.resmed.com/forms/in/en/devic...esult.html

The result was somewhat surprising, actual S/N masked:

Quote:2xxxxxxxxxx is not a verified ResMed Device. Verification failed. Non verified devices are sourced from unreliable route and are not eligible for warranty and service benefits. For further information, you can email on contact-us at resmed.co.in Or give a call on 011 4761 3100

The phone number is for the North American Numbering Plan (NANP), but seems like an invalid number. The country for the email address shows India.

Is this normal, or my DME supplier sourced the A10 from other than ResMed?

TIA...
"Life is dream, awakening is death..."
- Chinese proverb
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S/N check...
That site has a problem. I just entered two SN's that I know are good and it barked on both. Don't trust that page.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That website appears to be the english version for India (.../in/en/...). The usual US ResMed sites would be ..../us/en/......
The email address is also for India. Phone # looks like they left part of it out, they may have seen your IP address came from the US and added the 011 prefix.

So the s/n from our US machines would likely not work with that site. Our US units need FDA (Medical Device) and FCC (Cellular modem) approval/certification so it's unlikely your DME is sourcing their machines elsewhere.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That makes me feel better, thanks....
- Chinese proverb
Post Reply Post Reply
A quick way to determine if the device is real in the US is to sign up for myAir for that device.
There's probably a US version of the page, but it's not public facing, since google hasn't listed it.

Using .../us/en/... in the URL does not work though.

Chris
[Image: dreamdiver-signature-gif.gif]
Post Reply Post Reply
Remove the humidifier chamber, then flip the unit over and look at the labels on the bottom. One of them should have an FCC ID #
Should look something like "FCC ID: 2ACHL-AIR104G". If it does, then the unit is made for the US.

Is there anything in particular that might make you think the DME didn't give you a legit machine?
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
The FCC-ID checks out...

There wasn't anything particular, I was just checking the serial number at the wrong link. While I checked the phone # and the email address in the error message, I overlooked the the URL. The latter one would have told me that I am at the wrong site.

The moral of the story... Don't draw conclusion from partial information... Cleaver
- Chinese proverb
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 89 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
  How can I check if my ClimateAir actually heats up? NoddingHacker 1 174 02-06-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,405 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
Question 24 years old, Central Sleep Apnea only. Check out my OSCAR data? FL00D 4 1,029 10-02-2023, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [CPAP] CPAP starts and runs like it's doing a leak check after getting a new mask ironballsmcginty 1 398 09-28-2023, 05:06 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Using a CPAP to check sleep apnea Pierrec83 2 399 09-09-2023, 01:34 AM
Last Post: jwest
Wink Check these numbers out! Daveman 2 516 06-08-2023, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Daveman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.