Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S10 AirCurve ASV
ResMed S10 AirCurve ASV
Up until now I have been treating my apnea with an Airsense 10 Autoset with some measure of success, despite having been identified as requiring equipment for Central Apnea.

I'm positioning to try the ASV version & have one troubling question. In the unlikely event my diagnosis turns out to be obstructive apnea, as opposed to central (Which I firmly believe I have), will the Aircurve do a reasonable job in lowering my AHI? Currently, if all goes well, I can get the numbers below (But not by much) into the 3's and 4's, without ASV, but I still get high spikes as can be expected without ASV treatment.

Thanks to this board for such amazing support and assistance.

Cheers
Howard
Life is inherently risky. There is only one big risk you should avoid at all costs, and that is the risk of doing nothing.

Denis Waitley

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S10 AirCurve ASV
The Aircurve ASV in ASV Auto Mode will treat both OSA & CA's so you have no worry there
Post Reply Post Reply
near as I can tell, most people can achieve <1 ahi once they get used to asv and find the right settings. the asv algorithm resolves ca and periodic breathing without user settings. oa, or in the case of resmed asv, unclassified apnea, is largely addressed with epap settings. h, flow limitations and some residual oa/ua is managed with pressure support settings.

I was dx'ed many years ago with moderate central apnea. no treatment until 30 years and 40 pounds later when I was dx'ed with severe obstructive apnea and rx'ed an apap even though my sleep test produced nearly equal numbers of central and obstructive apnea. apap helped a lot but left a lot to be desired so I went to an asv on my own.

IDK for sure but suspect insurance would not have happily supported my move to asv because on paper apap reduced my test ahi of more than 72 to roughly 5-6, reducing both obstructive and central. IDK how apap reduced central since it's not supposed to but both oa and ca dropped in similar degree. now that I can demonstrate the efficacy of asv, I hope to obtain an rx for it. we'll see.
Post Reply Post Reply
My ASV has to take care of Obstructive and Central events. PSG sleep study for a BPAP just prior to the ASV path for me showed 124 Central events and 24 Obstructives. With ASV, I'm always under AHI 5, majority of the time under 3, and sometimes getting a 0.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have had much the same expierience with a s9 autoset.
Treatment showed my AHI's reducing to 5-6 with the autoset but I was still getting cental evets causing me to have a bad night's sleep.

After a six month battle with my doctors I was hospitilized for a week for sleep studies.I insisted on a sleep study with my s9 autoset which finally proved I need an asv.

I still had to pay more than half the cost as my medical only covered a small amout, but it was worth it.

After getting the resmed aircurve csv my AHI have reduced to between 1 and zero most nights and I am getting an average of six hours a night on the machine.I am feeling much better and I am no longer falling asleep during the day.

For me the getting an ASV have been a life changing experience

The only complaint I can rasie is that the water resivoir on the humidifier is too small for our dry climate. the water is used up after about 5-6 hours, causing me to wake up.

I can definetely recommend getting the ASV if you need it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 11 314 03-25-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 581 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 204 8,517 03-19-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Trouble adapting to ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV JanetW 6 210 03-19-2024, 01:58 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,245 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 89 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,364 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.