Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S10 Auto set Measured vs Actual Pressure
ResMed S10 Auto set Measured vs Actual Pressure
Hi I picked up ResMed S10 Autoset today.  While at clinic the technician attached a pressure measurement device which showed pressure of 8.7 measurement.  Only problem is that the machine was set to 8.0. What should I do in this situation?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S10 Auto set Measured vs Actual Pressure
Welcome to the forum.
Did you ask him why the reading did not match the setting? I'm assuming you accepted the machine even though the pressure reading did not match the setting. You may need to return it for service or replacement.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes I accepted the machine.  Difference of 0.7 did not bother me. Is it a reason for concern? If it is, I will go back and tell him to fix it or service it.
Post Reply Post Reply
That is too much error and you should insist that your machine gives accurate measurements. These are medical devices and they are supposed to meet standards.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply
The specs are probably in range, if not a tad on the high side
Mask pressure ±[0.5 cm H2O + 4% of measured value]
https://www.respshop.com/manuals/ResMed-...%20her.pdf

It won't really matter, as you will adjust your numbers on your AHI results, Get the manual and sleepyhead program from the top of the page
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2017, 05:27 PM)ajack Wrote: The specs are probably in range, if not a tad on the high side
Mask pressure ±[0.5 cm H2O + 4% of measured value]
https://www.respshop.com/manuals/ResMed-...%20her.pdf

It won't really matter, as you will adjust your numbers on your AHI results, Get the manual and sleepyhead program from the top of the page

+1.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,255 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Resmed airsense 10 auto set card to cloud chronic 4 371 02-02-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: chronic
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 388 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 561 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  My resmed s9 escape auto does not save date and time. jocemar 2 268 12-30-2023, 11:03 PM
Last Post: jocemar
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,433 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Are these actual obstructive apnea events? SleepyMcDonald 6 548 11-25-2023, 02:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.