Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S8 Data Card Reader
ResMed S8 Data Card Reader
I have data collected from my S8, but cannot see it on "SleepyHead" because I have no reader and the store doesn't have one to sell (or won't tell me).
ResScan software shows only "pressure" but SleepyHead shows "mask pressure" which what I am interested in.

Can anyone tell me a the specification for and the manufacturer of the data card reader on the S8.

Please see the attachments.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S8 Data Card Reader
(03-12-2014, 04:03 PM)KC2684 Wrote: I have data collected from my S8, but cannot see it on "SleepyHead" because I have no reader and the store doesn't have one to sell (or won't tell me).
SleepyHead does not support S8 and other machines uses smart data card
S8 is an obsolete machine, try ebay sellers from Israel. you need resmed s8 smart data card reader
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2014, 04:38 PM)zonk Wrote:
(03-12-2014, 04:03 PM)KC2684 Wrote: I have data collected from my S8, but cannot see it on "SleepyHead" because I have no reader and the store doesn't have one to sell (or won't tell me).
SleepyHead does not support S8 and other machines uses smart data card
S8 is an obsolete machine, try ebay sellers from Israel. you need resmed s8 smart data card reader
Thanks Zonk.

Post Reply Post Reply
The reader is an ACR38. I have one; and used it up to today. It will only work with ResScan; and a driver must be loaded for it.
Getting the limited data out of an S8 machine is a pain. I just got my S9 machine today.

I got my reader off EBay from a seller in Israel. About $50.

[Image: RESMEDACR38TOP.jpg]

[Image: RESMEDACR38BOTTOM.jpg]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2014, 06:04 PM)justMongo Wrote: The reader is an ACR38. I have one; and used it up to today. It will only work with ResScan; and a driver must be loaded for it.
Getting the limited data out of an S8 machine is a pain. I just got my S9 machine today.

I got my reader off EBay from a seller in Israel. About $50.
Hi.
And thanks for the device name.
The reason I want the reader is so I can see the "mask pressure" which is not available in ResScan.
I guess you knew that.
I'd be interested in knowing if you notice any difference in the ERP as I did.
Are you interested in selling the reader to me? At what price?
(I know that's a pain).
Thanks
Barry
ps i'll try is Israel.
ops that's a VERY sophisticated security device to use for storage!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
I need to hang on to it for a couple of weeks while I see how my S9 VPAP Auto works out.
It's a bit of a pain to ship across borders. So, I'll probably just hang on to it.

I could only read data into ResScan; and found no way to export it into a form that Sleepyhead could read.
Only two days of detailed data are on the card; and 180 days of summary data. So, even if you get the reader, you'll not be able to use it with Sleepyhead.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I could only read data into ResScan; and found no way to export it into a form that Sleepyhead could read.
Only two days of detailed data are on the card; and 180 days of summary data. So, even if you get the reader, you'll not be able to use it with Sleepyhead.
[/quote]
Yes me too. A retired engineer that is.
I think I may ask my doctor if a VPAP is what I really need.
Did you try to load the drivers that come with ResScan? Those are the ones that it says don't load them.

and One More Thing...

Did you load the ACRU readers that come with the ResScan on the bulletin board? If you did, did you ever try to read the card reader not through ResScan but by the OS (in my case XP)?
If you didn't I'm gunna try.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2014, 07:18 PM)KC2684 Wrote: Did you try to load the drivers that come with ResScan? Those are the ones that it says don't load them.

You must load one of the drivers to use the ACR38.
The ACR38/100/122 PC/SC Driver 1.1.2.0 is needed.

It can later be removed from Windows by ADD or REMOVE PROGRAMS in Control Panel.

(03-12-2014, 07:18 PM)KC2684 Wrote: Did you load the ACRU readers that come with the ResScan on the bulletin board? If you did, did you ever try to read the card reader not through ResScan but by the OS (in my case XP)?
If you didn't I'm gunna try.

Without drivers, XP does not recognize the reader.
I looked into Sleepyhead -- there is a discussion of data on the S8 card. It's a mystery. There are some text strings; but the data is binary; and likely compacted. Even the author of Sleeplyhead does not know how to parse it. And he'll likely not pursue it as the S8 is a dead horse.
[Image: beatdeadhorse5.gif]
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2014, 07:29 PM)justMongo Wrote:
(03-12-2014, 07:18 PM)KC2684 Wrote: Did you try to load the drivers that come with ResScan? Those are the ones that it says don't load them.

You must load one of the drivers to use the ACR38.
The ACR38/100/122 PC/SC Driver 1.1.2.0 is needed.

It can later be removed from Windows by ADD or REMOVE PROGRAMS in Control Panel.

Great. So were you able to see the data on the card without using ResMed? Before I got used to the UI for SleepyHead, I copied the data from the S9 SD card unto my 'puter and was able to read it into into the program. (that was before I set up the usual place.)

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2014, 07:34 PM)KC2684 Wrote: Great. So were you able to see the data on the card without using ResMed? Before I got used to the UI for SleepyHead, I copied the data from the S9 SD card unto my 'puter and was able to read it into into the program. (that was before I set up the usual place.)

No, I could not see the data. The SD card for the S9 can be copied as you say. But, it's a bigger card and a standard file format (FAT32) that windows can recognize.
Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,037 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 228 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  Help Interpreting Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto Data fracturedhibernation 1 241 02-23-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question ResMed AirSense 10 SD Card reuse? uselessdetails 3 412 02-16-2024, 02:51 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 475 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] Resmed Airsense 11 SD Card? Dawg 1 259 02-11-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.