Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S8 Data Collection
ResMed S8 Data Collection
I have a quick question regarding data collection with my ResMed S8 VPAP Auto. When I first got the card and reader I downloaded data from the VPAP and when I loaded it into the computer, I specified 7 days worth of detailed data. I got 2 days. I did not put the card back in the machine until yesterday. This time I specified all detail data and got 1 day. Should I be leaving the card in the VPAP all of the time or maybe downloading daily.

I was under the impression that I should be able to get more detailed data than I have been able to.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S8 Data Collection
I have the card and reader; and I cannot get the machine to even recognize the card.
The S8 machine is a turkey compared to the S9. (aka - a semi-dumb brick.)
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-10-2014, 12:25 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Should I be leaving the card in the VPAP all of the time or maybe downloading daily.
S8 Autoset data card stores up to 4 nights of detailed data and you only inset the card into the machine when you want to transfer the data to the card. I,m not sure if the same apply to VPAP Auto 25 but the information provided in clinical manual, do you have the manual, if not you can ask for it via email ... here (section three) http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
Post Reply Post Reply
My machine only collects 24 hours worth of detailed data. So I must download it daily, or lose it forever - I am not sure if your machine is the same or not?
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
FYI? The "Resmed VPAP Auto 25" is not the same as a "Resmed S8 VPAP Auto" - at least in the US. I was told that my model came out *after* the S8, but before the S9 series.

The above info was given to me by my then DME, and as such, could also be very wrong too Smile
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-10-2014, 12:25 PM)PaytonA Wrote: I have a quick question regarding data collection with my ResMed S8 VPAP Auto. When I first got the card and reader I downloaded data from the VPAP and when I loaded it into the computer, I specified 7 days worth of detailed data. I got 2 days. I did not put the card back in the machine until yesterday. This time I specified all detail data and got 1 day. Should I be leaving the card in the VPAP all of the time or maybe downloading daily.

I was under the impression that I should be able to get more detailed data than I have been able to.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

I'm not too surprised if you can only get 1 or 2 nights worth of data from that machine. I get 4 nights from my Autoset II, and I would imagine that the VPAP collects more data than it does.

The problem is that smart cards are 1980's technology, which is limited to a few hundred kilobytes of storage at most--far less than even a diskette can store. That's why the industry switched to SD cards. I'm afraid the only solution is to download your data daily.
Post Reply Post Reply
From "CPAP Clinician Setup Manuals"
Note: the ResMed "VPAP Auto 25" is also known as the "S8 Auto 25" outside the U.S.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-11-2014, 02:40 AM)zonk Wrote: From "CPAP Clinician Setup Manuals"
Note: the ResMed "VPAP Auto 25" is also known as the "S8 Auto 25" outside the U.S.

I remember you saying that Zonk, but I do wonder, if the machine was from within the US would it have such a name, and, if so, would it be the 'same' as the 'Resmed VPAP Auto 25'?

My point, is we know Resmed does weird naming stuff is all.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto Data fracturedhibernation 1 241 02-23-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR says: "Resmed Airsense 10 does not record detailed data"! Really? PappaJoe 3 475 02-14-2024, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Does Resmed even ask for your permission before uploading your data ? S. Manz 18 2,073 12-23-2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Chainsawgod
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,449 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Equipment] How to send data from older Resmed Airsense 10 to sleep doctor? silverchief2 6 785 12-15-2023, 03:50 PM
Last Post: silverchief2
  Need Help with Data Collection from Airsense 11 TragicKnight 5 611 11-25-2023, 07:47 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite stuck "erasing all data", bricked User3001 0 269 11-17-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: User3001

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.