Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S9 Adapt SV Technology ???
ResMed S9 Adapt SV Technology ???
Can someone explain the technological difference(s) of the ResMed S9 Adapt SV over the other VPAP/BiPaP machines out there ?

I know is has a servo-ventilator already but HOW does it work ?

Is this difference(s) the sole reason these machines cost twice as much as the others ?

TIA.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: ResMed S9 Adapt SV Technology ???
(03-19-2013, 12:01 PM)Labrat0116 Wrote: Can someone explain the technological difference(s) of the ResMed S9 Adapt SV over the other VPAP/BiPaP machines out there ?

I know is has a servo-ventilator already but HOW does it work ?

Is this difference(s) the sole reason these machines cost twice as much as the others ?

TIA.
Quote:Adaptive servo-ventilation (ASV)

Adaptive servo-ventilation (ASV) modes of therapy have been developed to manage this central sleep apnea and complex sleep apnea. Studies have demonstrated marginally superior performance of the adaptive servo ventilators in treating Cheyne-Stokes respiration.

Adaptive-servo ventilation adapt to the patient’s ventilatory needs on a breath-by-breath basis, automatically calculating a target ventilation and adjusts the pressure support to achieve it.
Is the difference(s) just a software (logarithm) then or what ?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OSCAR Technology - Install & Data Aquisition Details EasySleep 3 119 03-18-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: EasySleep
  Saving time/date in ResMed S9 vpap adapt Ed in SoDak 4 484 06-18-2023, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Ed in SoDak
  [Pressure] aircurve 10 asv constantly corrects me and i can't adapt Emtvalenti 7 681 05-11-2023, 10:30 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
  [Treatment] Air curve Asv CPAP mode vs AirSense 10 AutoSet CPAP mode (I don't adapt autoasv) Emtvalenti 0 399 05-07-2023, 05:06 PM
Last Post: Emtvalenti
  Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt ASV vs VPAP ST stanleyjack 4 468 04-05-2023, 02:06 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  s9 Adapt adjustments desertscorpion 3 575 02-23-2022, 01:54 PM
Last Post: desertscorpion
  Settings on ResMed S9 VPAP Adapt fdashiell 1 983 10-06-2020, 12:58 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.