Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ResMed S9 - Are We There Yet?
RE: ResMed S9 - Are We There Yet?
(03-28-2018, 10:33 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: FYI: The S9 does not record events while in the ramp mode.  The lack of this knowledge may lead to false assumptions based on your data.

I'm not sure that's correct. From memory the S9 records and reports events in ramp mode but doesn't do anything about them. Either way it can lead to misleading numbers.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks DB. My S9 is the last generation prior to the A10 release. I can not force an event to occur while it is in ramp. Based off of my experience, I thought all were like mine.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just checked SleepyHead - had to go back quite a long way to when I last used the ramp. But there were some events which the machine recorded but didn't seem to take any action. I understand the Philips machines do increase pressure if an event is detected during ramp.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think we are pretty much there without EPR in the picture... Perhaps an increase in the minimum to 11.5 cm but not much else?
Post Reply Post Reply
I think with no EPR we are now there. The max pressure of 15.0 cm is providing some small restriction, but without any apparent events resulting. The higher pressures seem to be in response to the Flow Limitation. The minimum pressure of 11.6 seems to have caught all the low hanging fruit events, and I would have to increase it significantly to 13 cm to catch more. At this point I would think there is more benefit in just running a lower average pressure. Next step will be to determine what EPR really does...
Post Reply Post Reply
I think I can declare that we have arrived with my wife's S9. She has been at the same settings for 4 days now, and has an average AHI of 0.57. We were getting good results with no EPR, but she didn't like it for comfort so had to back off, and have EPR at 2 now. Here is her last night's data. It suggests max pressure could be increased to reduce snoring, but she says, I didn't wake up or hear it, so leave it alone!
Post Reply Post Reply
Always smart to listen to the wife.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.