Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

SH Behaving Badly
SH Behaving Badly
In late August, I erroneously set the A10 year ahead to 2017, and the machine wouldn't let me set it back to 2016. I took the machine to the DME, and they reset it and successfully set the date.

I started looking at the data tonight, and the only data SH sees is from the day before they reset it.

However all the data seems to be there in the DATALOG directory, but SH apparently isn't looking for it there. When I try to specify that directory in the download step, SH crashes.

Anyone experience this before? Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: SH Behaving Badly
Jim,
The date thing confuses many. Resmed counts a day as from noon to noon the next day. Since most people go to sleep in the evening of one day and wake-up (hopefully) the morning of the next day, Resmed sees this as one day. The file modification lists actual date and time. An example is: You go to sleep on the night of the 18th and wake up in the morning of the 19th. Your reporting date will be the 18th but any file that is written after midnight will show the 19th in its modified date.

I hope my answer proves to be satisfactory.

Edit: I forgot to add that even if you go to bed after midnight, let's say on 19th, your reporting day will still be the 18th. . . the reporting date won't change until noon on the 19th.

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Crimson. Yes, I understand the date format that goes from noon to noon. However, SH simply does not see any of the data collected by the machine since it was reset by the DME. The data appears to have been collected, but SH can't find it because it apparently was written to a different place on the card. So I cannot see it, and I'm concerned that my sleep doctor will also have trouble seeing it with the ResScan application.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry I didn't understand what you were wanting. The directory locations are hard-coded in to the Resmed's firmware. Make sure you don't have the card Write-Protected. The little tab should be in the forward position

You might copy the SD card to a dedicated directory on your computer and point SH to this directory to get the data. This procedure has an added safety benefit by providing a data backup if your SD card should it go south.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I need sleep badly! Any help with OSCAR is appreciated Quitethe1 50 1,124 3 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 580 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Sad [CPAP] New: I’m struggling very badly Muhlyssa 18 1,428 06-03-2023, 05:37 PM
Last Post: vgrando
  airlift a-20 leaking badly HONDA GOLDWING 1 491 12-22-2022, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.