Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] DeVilbiss IntelliPap BiLevel DV55-S
DeVilbiss IntelliPap BiLevel DV55-S
I am a longtime apnea patient (26 years) and have now had 4 machines. I have had my DeVilbiss Bi-Level for 13 months now and continue to be quite pleased with it. The machine has heated humidifier but no heated hose option but I am accustomed to a hose cozy. The machine is tidy and very compact, and is easily the quietest machine I have had. On reason I chose the DeVilbiss was to not contend with the external power supply brick that my previous Respironics used.

The IntelliPap has a very comfortable flow rounding pressure relief feature, and can supply a wide range of operating pressures. It does not have as many data features as many current machines, but I am very content with its built-in codes that I read into the DeVilbiss website to yield usage data after entry into my home computer. There is no "Smard card" in my version.
Data provided is:
     Last night's hours breathing
     Cumulative total hours breathing
     AHI for 1 day, last 7,30 and 90 days
     NRI
     Exhale Puff Index
     Hi-Leak Index
     Compliance information

The heated humidifier has good water capacity, about 400 ml, and a wide choice of heat levels, from cold Passover to about 135 degrees. The water reservoir sits into the base of the machine, and is easily removed for refilling and easily separates allowing thorough cleaning.

The machine can operate as straight CPAP, or as BiLevel with a number of comfort features. There is a selectable pressure ramp delay, but I have never wanted a ramp so I have disabled the ramp.
The machine comes with only the patient access manual, bt various websites now allow a printout of clinician mode, and I have obtained this no-cost information which allows me to adjust the operating parameters at will.

DeVilbiss has an optional 5 year added warranty above the standard 3 year no cost warranty. I have found all my machines very stable and trouble free, so I declined the extra two year warranty. The Intellipap is priced somewhat less than Respironics or ResMed, but some patients may want the added data available for the competing machines. I am content with its more limited data, perhaps because I have used XPAP so long that I have had machines with absolutely no data whatever - my first machine did not even have runtime record.

In summary, I like the IntelliPap , and find it highly satisfactory for my needs and preferences.

TheDuke
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] DeVilbiss IntelliPAP 2 AutoAdjust Auto CPAP Machine with Heated Humidifier PulseDose dfstarman 4 5,447 12-23-2022, 10:59 PM
Last Post: Cuppa
Thumbsup [Product Review] IntelliPAP AutoAdjust The Happy Dreamer 21 27,898 03-26-2017, 08:38 PM
Last Post: aconcepts

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.