GrammaBear Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Air Fit P10
Humidifier: ResMed H5i heated humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 12.2 - 16.2
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Type 1 diabetes - using Tandem T-slim insulin pump, Dexcom G4 CGM

Sex: Female

ResMed S9 AutoSet - Nightstand placement
I've had my AutoSet for just over a year and up until now have had a piece of Rubbermaid drawer liner on my nightstand. It was my intention with the drawer liner material to stabilize my machine so it wouldn't fall off. That much I have accomplished as I've been lucky I guess and it hasn't fallen from the nightstand.

This weekend we will be going on holiday for a week or so and I removed the water chamber so I could learn how to take the machine apart properly for transportation in its case. I was surprised to see that the bottom of my machine was entirely sticky from sitting on the drawer liner sheet - apparently during hot weather. I managed to gently wipe the stickiness from the machine with a couple of audio wipes I use on my laptop. Now.......what is a good material to put under the machine at home and in a hotel to stabilize it?

I don't want to damage my machine but I'm at a loss here. I use the 6ft cord and usually don't have any close calls with the machine getting close to the edge of the nightstand. Any advice would be appreciated.
06-04-2014 02:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
JWR Offline

Monitors

Machine: DreamStation DSX700 , PR 760 bipap auto
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed mirage FX
Humidifier: DreamStation DSXH , system one
CPAP Pressure: min EPAP = 17.5max IPAP = 21

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: ResMed S9 AutoSet - Nightstand placement
what is a good material to put under the machine at home and in a hotel to stabilize it?

I don't want to damage my machine but I'm at a loss here. I use the 6ft cord and usually don't have any close calls with the machine getting close to the edge of the nightstand. Any advice would be appreciated.

I use two soft foam rubber backed mouse pads with a fabric facing under my PR750 , the feet of the unit does not slip on the fabric face and the soft foam rubber keeps it on the night stand . Plus fits in your travel bag along with the extension cord that should also be carried when traveling . Eat-popcorn

06-04-2014 02:40 PM
GrammaBear Offline

Advisory Members

Mask Make & Model: Air Fit P10
Humidifier: ResMed H5i heated humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 12.2 - 16.2

Other Comments: Type 1 diabetes - using Tandem T-slim insulin pump, Dexcom G4 CGM

Sex: Female

(06-04-2014 02:40 PM)JWR Wrote:  what is a good material to put under the machine at home and in a hotel to stabilize it?

I use two soft foam rubber backed mouse pads with a fabric facing under my PR750 , the feet of the unit does not slip on the fabric face and the soft foam rubber keeps it on the night stand . Plus fits in your travel bag along with the extension cord that should also be carried when traveling . Eat-popcorn

Thanks Smile What a great idea. Will add two mouse pads to my shopping list for tomorrow.
06-04-2014 03:14 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
diamaunt Offline

Members-b

Machine: S9 VPAP Auto 36006
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: mirage quattro/pilairo q
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 9-20ish

Other Comments:

I've never bothered to put anything under my S9 machines (I've had two, so far, keep upgrading myself) the rubber ring on the bottom of the units has always provided plenty of traction.
06-04-2014 07:54 PM
herbm Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed AutoSet S9
Mask Type: Oral
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Airfit P10 Nasal Pillow
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 11-16
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Backup Mask: Innomed Hybrid FFM -- Oral+Nasal Pillows

I have mine on a low stand sitting on the floor next to the bed and nightstand, er...actually it is a sturdy cardboard box with snug fitting lid (not a flap open).

It's lower than the bed so that IF there is condensation or spillage into the hose it likely won't reach *ME*.

Because it is lower, it also gets pulled a bit UPWARD more than getting pulled off and downward.

I also have it block a bit so that pulling it off horizontally is very difficult.

This 'design' could be made a lot better but someone less lazy than me would need to do that. Smile

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
06-05-2014 10:49 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Doc J Offline

Preferred Members-2

Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit P10
Humidifier: resMed H5i Dumped and dry daily
CPAP Pressure: 10-15
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Knowledge is King and this is the place to find it! Thanks everyone.

I go with the plastic milk crate next to the bed so it is lower (like Herb said). And it is the open milk crate surface that lets air flow rather than on a towel or something (not sure that's a big deal). It works for me and can't really pull it up or towards the bed. If it was and issue I strap it down or put sides up to hold it.
Good Luck
Doc J
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2014 11:56 PM by Doc J.)
06-06-2014 11:54 PM
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

[Image: CPAPHolder.jpg]

I've have similar setup but the machine placed on a small stool between the bedside table and the bed and fastened with an old belt
06-07-2014 01:19 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
spyresca Offline

New Members

Machine: Resmed S9 Auto
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Eson
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 8.6-20

Other Comments:

I simply use the tiniest bit of museum or quake proof putty. Locks the S9 down tight and the putty is easily removable, doesn't stain, etc.

Google the term "museum putty".
06-10-2014 12:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Is this sound normal? - Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset Ronberta 8 1,271 11-29-2016 07:59 PM
Last Post: sonicboom
  Is my ResMed S9 Autoset dying? gkainz 10 529 11-09-2016 11:35 AM
Last Post: gkainz
  [Equipment] Resmed S10 Autoset Humidifier question keithb4158 6 395 11-02-2016 05:13 AM
Last Post: keithb4158
  Resmed Airsense 10 CPAP data versus Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset data David P. 4 546 10-29-2016 08:42 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Resmed Autoset 10 alarm sound Ibiban 3 258 10-28-2016 07:30 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Setting up new Resmed S9 Autoset Lanco 11 691 10-20-2016 07:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  difference between Apex XT Auto and Resmed S9 Autoset Lanco 11 450 10-11-2016 03:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider